NORFOLK, Va. & LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--UHSM Health Share, a faith-based health care nonprofit founded on Christian beliefs and values, today announced The Reset 2021, a virtual faith, mental health and wellness summit, in union with Brittney Moses, a Los Angeles-based content creator and mental health enthusiast.
Hosted on July 24, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. PDT, the virtual summit will explore important topics at the intersection of faith, holistic mental health and wellness. Participants can expect to delve into conversations around how to integrate faith and mental health, how to renew negative thought habits, the relationship between food and mental health, developing a mindful life and more.
“This past year has challenged so many of us mentally, emotionally and spiritually, especially with the added stress of COVID,” said Brittney Moses. “Join us for an insightful and refreshing weekend as we hit reset to get our mind, body, and soul re-grounded and back on track.”
The event sponsored by WeShare by UHSM, brings a wealth of inspiring and influential speakers. Including mental health experts from neuroscience, psychology, and nutritional psychiatry, to pastoral insight and spiritual leaders, guest musicians, and many more. Inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Brittney Moses: a mental health advocate in the study and research of psychology at UCLA, with a focus on therapy, prevention, education and treatment for individuals struggling with emotional problems. Assisting in research at UCLA’s Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Behavior, she aims to help reduce stigma and provide her youthful audiences with helpful information at the intersection of faith, holistic mental health and wellness.
- Dr. Caroline Leaf: a communication pathologist and cognitive neuroscientist with a Masters and PhD in Communication Pathology and a BSc in Logopaedics from the University of Cape Town and the University of Pretoria in South Africa, specializing in cognitive and metacognitive neuropsychology.
- Jamie Grace: a two-time Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter, and actress. Diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome, OCD, ADHD, and anxiety at a young age, Jamie actively advocates for joy, wellness, and mental health through the lens of music, film, and faith.
- Morgan Harper Nichols: an artist and poet whose work is inspired by real life interactions and stories. Morgan spent the first couple of years of her professional life as a college admission counselor, and then, as a full-time touring singer-songwriter and musician.
- Ben Coulson: a bestselling author, a TV and radio personality, an international speaker, founder of Hope Generation, and the senior pastor at Applegate Christian Fellowship. His TV show is broadcast in 180 countries, and his national radio show airs on over 500 stations. As a social media influencer, millions of YouTube viewers have tuned in to watch and listen to Hope Generation.
“We’re honored to join forces with Brittney, Abide, Relevant Magazine and TBN to provide this safe, and uplifting event for Christians wanting to explore faith, mental health and awareness,” said Christopher Jin, President of UHSM. “At UHSM, we believe that health and faith holds no bounds, and we are excited to see all our members and the wider public at The Reset 2021.”
In addition to sponsoring The Reset 2021 with Brittney, UHSM established its dedication to mental illness services through its recent announcement of access to behavioral health benefits for all programs except fundamental. Now, members can lean on and utilize non-psychiatric individual, family, and marriage counseling services to help guide them through life’s challenges. Earlier this year, UHSM also announced its collaboration with Abide, the world’s most popular Christian meditation app. Through Abide, UHSM provided its members with access to unlimited and uninterrupted meditations, topics and guides.
To register for The Reset 2021 virtual summit, visit here.
UHSM Health Share is a nonprofit, faith-based health sharing ministry that facilitates member-to-member health sharing among fellow Christians, serving as a connector to administer medical cost sharing through its We Share programs. Christian healthcare is chosen by millions each year over traditional insurance plans, and We Share programs by UHSM stand alone as the only health sharing that offers members true prescription coverage through the CVS Caremark network plus access to basic care through CVS Minute Clinic and Health Hub. We Share and UHSM members can also access care through nearly one million doctors, hospitals and specialists in the First Health PPO Network, a wholly owned subsidiary of Aetna Inc. Additionally, all members can contact the DocDay telehealth network seven days a week for diagnoses, treatment, lab orders and prescriptions related to more than 40 health conditions. Headquartered in Norfolk, VA, UHSM offers its members simple, fair, and friendly healthcare programs. The UHSM mission is to help Christian families fulfill their God-given purpose to care for one another, foster holistic wellbeing, and positively impact our communities in need.