DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Next-Generation Sequencing: Emerging Clinical Applications and Global Markets 2020-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market for clinical next-generation sequencing (NGS) should grow from $5.9 billion in 2020 to $22.9 billion by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 31.4% for the period of 2020-2025.
The scope of the report includes clinical NGS technologies, applications, industries, initiatives, patents and companies. The markets for NGS-based diagnostics are given for the years 2019, 2020 and 2025.
This report reviews the main sequencing technologies and explains why genetic variation is important in clinical testing. It then discusses some of the significant research initiatives that impact clinical NGS applications. Liquid biopsy formats are discussed. The main market driving forces are also discussed.
The report examines the markets by test complexity, clinical indication and test purpose. Test complexity refers to the plex level (i.e., the number of genetic markers that can be analyzed within a sample) and coverage (e.g., the extent to which the genome is covered) of the test. Examining the market by test complexity provides valuable insight into which products (e.g., sample preparation, NGS instrument, informatics, etc.) will be in demand in the future.
The report provides market data and forecasts for NGS diagnostics by specific applications, including those for oncology, cardiovascular diseases, clinical microbiology/infectious diseases, Mendelian disorders, metabolic/immune disorders, neurological disorders, reproductive health and transplant medicine.
Specific geographic markets are discussed, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world.
Industry sectors analyzed include DNA sequencing instruments; long-read sequencing; sequencing informatics; target enrichment; CTC capture and detection; liquid biopsy; cancer screening/early detection; direct to consumer testing; and noninvasive prenatal testing.
- Accuragen Inc.
- Adaptive Biotechnologies Inc.
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Ambry Genetics
- Amoy Diagnostics Co. Ltd.
- Angle Plc
- Apocell Inc.
- Apostle Inc.
- Arcedi Biotech Aps
- Archer Dx
- Armonica Technologies Inc.
- Arup Laboratories
- Asuragen Inc.
- Aviva Biomed Inc.
- Aviva Biosciences
- Bard1 Life Sciences Ltd.
- Base Genomics
- Baylor Genetics
- Becton, Dickinson And Co.
- Berry Genomics Co. Ltd.
- Bgi Shenzhen
- Bio-Techne Corp.
- Biocaptiva Ltd.
- Biocept Inc.
- Biodesix Inc.
- Biofluidica Inc.
- Biolidics Ltd.
- Biological Dynamics Inc.
- Bionano Genomics
- Bitbiome, Inc.
- Bluestar Genomics Inc.
- Burning Rock Biotech Ltd.
- And Many More Companies!
The Report Includes
- 29 data tables and 73 additional tables
- An updated review of the global market for emerging clinical applications of the next-generation sequencing (NGS) based diagnostics and related technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019-2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Discussion of market opportunities for clinical NGS products, clinical applications, industry structure, regulatory scenario, and penetration of NGS-based diagnostics and technologies within the industry
- Estimation of the current market size and revenue forecasts for the global NGS diagnostic markets, and corresponding market share analysis by disease indication, test complexity, test purpose, application and geographic region
- Evaluation of the key NGS workflow portions of the industry (e.g., sequencing instruments, pre-sequencing target preparation and capture, and post-sequencing data analysis) and the main clinical indications where NGS will capture significant market share by 2025
- Assessment of main sequencing technologies and explanation of the importance of genetic variation in clinical testing as well as some of the significant research initiatives affecting clinical NGS applications
- A summary of the major acquisitions and strategic alliances in the clinical NGS industry from January 2019 through April 2021, including key alliance trends
- Patent review and significant allotments of the U.S. patents in the liquid biopsy industry
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Overview
- Liquid and Tissue Biopsy
- Clinical NGS Testing Market
- Growth Drivers of Clinical NGS
- Key Trends
Chapter 4 Technology Background
- Importance of DNA
- Genetic Variation and Analysis
- Genetic Analysis Technologies
- Sequencing in Clinical Applications
- Sequencing Technologies
- History of DNA Sequencing
- Sanger Sequencing Technology
- NGS Platforms
- Short-Read Platforms
- Long-Read Platforms
- Informatics Technologies
- Base Calling
- Mapping to a Reference Sequence
- Variant Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence Technologies
- Clinical Sequencing Technology Challenges
Chapter 5 Clinical NGS Initiatives
Chapter 6 Clinical NGS Applications
Chapter 7 Clinical NGS Industry
- Sequencing Instrument Industry
- Third-Generation Sequencing Industry
- Sequencing Informatics Industry
- Target Enrichment and Amplification Industry
- CTC Capture and Detection Industry
- Liquid Biopsy Assay Industry
- Liquid Biopsy Cancer Screening/Early Detection Industry
- Health-Focused DTC Genetic Testing Industry: Two Market Models
- DTC Clinical Health Genetic Testing Industry
- Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) Industry
Chapter 8 Acquisitions and Strategic Alliances
Chapter 9 Clinical NGS Markets
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Clinical NGS Markets
- Clinical NGS Market by Disease Category
- NGS Mendelian Disorders
- Metabolic/Immune Disorders
- Reproductive Health
- Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Geographical Markets
- Global Market for NGS in Oncology by Region
- Global Market for NGS in Reproductive Health by Region
Chapter 10 Patent Review
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/abvjw9