DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Set-Top Box Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global set-top box market reached a value of US$ 17.17 Billion in 2020. Looking forward, the global set-top box market to witness steady growth, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.50% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
A set-top box (STB), also known as a set-top unit, is a hardware device that receives, decodes and displays signals from digital television (DTV) broadcasts on a television. It is necessary for television viewers who use analog television sets to receive digital broadcasts.
It is also used in cable, satellite, and over-the-air (OTA) television systems. In addition, STB also includes a web browser, RAM, MPEG decoder chip and an operating system that coordinate access to files, programs, interfaces and services. It can also perform complex functions such as video conferencing, home networking, video-on-demand and internet protocol (IP) telephony.
The growing digitization of television networks and advancements in digital broadcast technologies are the key factors driving the growth of the market. Consumers are increasingly demanding seamless, high-quality video streaming along with value-added services such as channel pack subscriptions, HD channels and interactive videos. Additionally, there has been widespread adoption of set-top boxes in recent years.
The increasing affordability of smart TVs coupled with the rapid proliferation of Over the Top (OTT) media services has allowed the viewers to access the content of their choice without paying an additional fee. Moreover, various technological advancements such as the introduction of motion sensors, Bluetooth connectivity, IOT (Internet of Things) integration along with support for interactive gaming platforms, virtual reality and artificial intelligence have significantly driven the demand for the product.
Furthermore, factors such as the implementation of governmental policies mandating the installation of set-top boxes in several countries along with rising disposable incomes are also positively impacting the market growth.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global set-top box market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global set-top box industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID 19 on the global set-top box market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the resolution?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the service type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global set-top box industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global set-top box industry?
- What is the structure of the global set-top box industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global set-top box industry?
- What are the profit margins in the set-top box industry?
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being
- ARRIS International
- HUMAX Electronics
- DISH Network
- Huawei Technologies Co.
- Apple Inc.
- Google Inc.
- Samsung Group
- EchoStar Corporation
- Skyworth Digital
- Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
Market Breakup by Type:
- Cable STB
- Satellite STB
- Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) STB
- Internet Protocol (IP) STB
- Over-The-Top (OTT) STB
Market Breakup by Resolution:
- HD (High Definition)
- SD (Standard Definition)
- UHD (Ultra-High Definition)
Market Breakup by End-User:
Market Breakup by Service Type:
Market Breakup by Distribution:
- Online Distribution
- Offline Distribution
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
5 Global Set-Top Box Market
6 Market Breakup by Type
7 Market Breakup by Resolution
8 Market Breakup by End-User
9 Market Breakup by Service Type
10 Market Breakup by Distribution
11 Market Breakup by Region
12 SWOT Analysis
13 Value Chain Analysis
14 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
15 Price Analysis
16 Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/fveej3