DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Set Top Box Chipset Market - Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2021 - 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides in-depth analysis of global set top box (STB) chipset market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2021- 2028), considering 2020 as the base year
The global STB chipset market is rapidly growing owing to the increasing adoption of advanced technology such as 4K and others. The 4K technology is rapidly gaining popularity in past couple of years owing to the better picture and video quality offered by the 4K TVs.
It is expected that there will be more than 58% adoption of 4K TVs in the U.S. alone by 2021. This TV requires 4K set top box that needs higher processing capacity than HD or full HD set top box. Thus, considering the increasing demand from consumers many set top box chipset manufacturers are launching 4K chipset.
For instance, in September 2018, Synaptics Incorporated launched VideoSmart BG5CT multimedia solution featured with 4K Advanced HDR video processing for the set-top-box market. The BG5CT integrates a 1.6 GHz 15K DMIPs Quad Core ARM CPU, 2.8 GPixel per second GPU, and other techniques to enable set top box manufacturers to deliver entertainment and gaming services to their subscribers.
Furthermore, many key players in the market are focusing on establishing partnerships with set top box manufacturers and digital service providers in order to develop set top box chipsets. In January 2021, Amlogic, Inc. announced partnership with Skyworth, a China-based company who is engaged in the manufacturing of STBs. Through this partnership, Amlogic, Inc. and Skyworth developed Ultra HD set top boxes (STBs) with Amlogic's latest S905X4 chipset.
The set top box chipset manufacturers are constantly adopting advanced technologies such as 5G, Wi-Fi 6 in order to provide high quality products to the consumers. For instance, in October 2019, Broadcom Inc., a US based chipset manufacturing company launched BCM6710, a 3x3 Wi-Fi 6 chip designed for WLAN applications such as set-top boxes, Wi-Fi routers, and others. The company also offer BCM7218X, an ultra-High-Definition TV (UHDTV) with HDR 10-bit chipset with Wi-Fi 6 technology.
Key features of the study:
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by the leading market players
- It profiles leading players in the global set top box (STB) chipset market based on the following parameters - company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, market capital, key developments, strategies, and future plans
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decisions regarding future product launches, product upgrades, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global set top box (STB) chipset market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, managed service providers, third-party service providers, distributors, new entrants, and value-added resellers
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global set top box (STB) chipset market
- Global Set Top Box (STB) Chipset Market, By Node Size
- 22 nm
- 28 nm
- 40 nm
- 65 nm
- 90 nm
- Global Set Top Box (STB) Chipset Market, By Application
- Satellite STB
- Cable STB
- IPTV STB
- Global Set Top Box (STB) Chipset Market, By Content Quality
- Standard Definition
- High Definition
- 4K and Above
- Global Set Top Box (STB) Chipset Market, By Type
- Front-end Chips
- SoC Chipsets
- Amlogic, Inc.
- ALi Corporation
- Zhuhai Allwinner Technology Co., Ltd.
- Broadcom Inc.
- Socionext Inc.
- HiSilicon (Shanghai) Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Pixelworks Inc.
- Novatek Microelectronics Corp.
- Rafael Micro
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Synaptics Incorporated
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- TELECHIPS INC.
- Sony Corporation
- MaxLinear Inc.
- MediaTek Inc.
- Silicon Laboratories
- AVAILINK, INC.
- MStar Semiconductor Inc.
- SOLUM Co., Ltd.
- Hangzhou Nationalchip Science & Technology Co, Ltd.
- AltoBeam Inc
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Objectives and Assumptions
2. Market Purview
3. Market Dynamics, Regulations, and Trends Analysis
4. Global Set Top Box (STB) Chipset Market, By Node Size, 2017-2028 (US$ Million)
5. Global Set Top Box (STB) Chipset Market, By Application, 2017-2028 (US$ Million)
6. Global Set Top Box (STB) Chipset Market, By Content Quality, 2017-2028 (US$ Million)
7. Global Set Top Box (STB) Chipset Market, By Type, 2017-2028 (US$ Million)
8. Global Set Top Box (STB) Chipset Market, By Region, 2017-2028 (US$ Million)
9. Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xtxvtq