CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--C-Strategies Inc., a strategic communications and public affairs firm, has been named the winner of three Gold and one Silver Stevie® Awards in the Communications or PR Campaign of the Year categories in the 19th annual American Business Awards®.
The American Business Awards are the U.S.A.’s premier business awards program. All organizations operating in the U.S.A. are eligible to submit nominations – public and private, and nonprofit, large and small. Nicknamed the Stevies for the Greek word meaning “crowned,” the awards will be virtually presented to winners during a live event on Wednesday, June 30. Tickets for the virtual event are now on sale.
Becky Carroll — President, and CEO of C-Strategies — is a seasoned communications veteran and one of Chicago’s top public affairs strategists. Since founding C-Strategies in 2015, Carroll and her team have led public engagement and communications campaigns around key public policy, legislative, education, economic development, health care, workforce, fintech, technology, women and finance issues, among others.
“This past year has been challenging in ways we could have never imagined, and the opportunity to celebrate our successes despite it all is very humbling,” said Carroll. “I want to thank our amazing team and our clients for allowing us to serve as their advocates and be a part of the work they do every day to make Illinois a better, safer, and more equitable place for all.”
With a record 3,800 nominations from organizations of all sizes submitted this year for consideration in a wide range of categories, more than 250 professionals worldwide participated in the judging process to select this year’s winners. C-Strategies won three Gold and one Silver Stevie® Awards for Communications or PR Campaign of the Year in the following categories with the following campaigns:
- Public Affairs: “Championing UNITE HERE’s Right to Return to Work Ordinance for Chicago’s Hotel Workers”
- Media Relations: “If You Can't Beat ‘Em, Eat ‘Em: Saving Our Great Lakes With the Asian Carp Challenge”
- Crisis Management: “Keeping the Doors Open at Chicago House”
- Silver Stevie® Award for Communications Non-Profit / Charity: “Amplifying Golden Apple's Work to Resolve Illinois' Teacher Shortage Crisis Through the Accelerators Program”
C-Strategies earned top remarks from judges not only for the quality of the planning, execution, and results of their campaigns, but also for the meaningful goals and positive impact behind each one.
- Working with labor union UNITE HERE Local 1, C-Strategies leveraged compelling personal stories of women hotel workers out of work and devastated by the pandemic to help drive the narrative around UNITE HERE’s “Right to Return to Work” ordinance that would require hotels to reinstate previous employees before hiring replacement workers. “The global pandemic has played havoc on people's livelihood. The issue of rehiring the laid-off staff is extremely important. Managed with great sensitivity and intelligence,” wrote an entry judge.
- A strategic earned media campaign earned coverage from Chicago’s top outlets, including the front page of the Chicago Tribune, drawing traffic to the Asian Carp Challenge event, eventually “selling out” the 1000+ free Asian Carp burgers and tacos. One judge cited the campaign's “amazing media mileage and results” as a standout element.
- When the AIDS/HIV service institution, Chicago House, discovered it was the victim of an alleged complex financial scheme by a former top employee, C-Strategies helped ensure that Chicago House’s doors stayed open to the vulnerable populations it serves by controlling the narrative of what happened, when, and how. “Chicago House is fortunate to have had this agency's guidance during such a difficult time,” said an entry judge.
C-Strategies, a 100% woman-owned, WBE and ACDBE certified firm, works with corporations, foundations, and non profit organizations across industries, helping its clients tell their stories across communication platforms through advocacy campaigns, crisis management, brand reputation services, earned media, event planning, message development and thought leadership.
Learn More About C-Strategies: https://www.cstrategies.com/.
Sponsors of The 2021 American Business Awards include John Hancock Financial Services, Melissa Sones Consulting, and SoftPro.