DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "MEMS Energy Harvesting Devices Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The MEMS energy harvesting devices market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 7.5%, over the forecast period (2021-2026).
- EnOcean GmbH
- STMicroelectronics NV
- Coventor Inc.
- Holst Centre
- Morgan Electro Ceramics
- MEMS Vision
- Sofant Technologies
Key Market Trends
Building and Home Automation to Witness High Growth
- The building and home automation application of the MEMS energy harvesting devices market is likely to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period, due to the increasing adoption of MEMS energy harvesting devices in building and smart home devices in the American and European region.
- The emergence of wireless sensors networks is a major breakthrough in the energy systems market. Recent advancements in energy harvesting (EH) technologies enable wireless sensor network (WSNs) to extend their lifetime, by utilizing energy that is readily available through natural resources.
- Power manager in these devices manages the energy harvested and node supply. This device measures the energy that is harvested from daylight or artificial light, and checks for the consumption and available energy, and evaluates them according to the usage time and seasons (summers and winters). This harvested energy is put to use by controlling the home automation using WSNs.
- MEMS energy harvesting devices are used in the application of wireless switches & sensor and providing power solution for wireless switches & sensors.
- Moreover, the increase in sales of smart home devices is driving the growth of MEMS energy harvesting devices to use energy efficiently without harming the environment.
North America to Hold the Largest Market Share
- With the ongoing rapid technological developments in the North American region, it became the most critical market for building and home automation investments, which use renewable energy, and thus, drive the growth of the MEMS energy harvesting devices market.
- The North American market is also witnessing high adoption of industrial IoT, as compared to the other regions, which is also driving the market for MEMS energy harvesting devices market.
- The United States accounted for most of the revenue in the North American region. The market is also expected to witness substantial growth, due to the flourishing industrial and transportation sector, which is impacted by the administration, to make the country an energy independent state.
- This growth is further aided by government initiatives to decrease energy emission from old and public buildings. For instance, the US General Services Administration has entered into a contract with IBM to install advanced and smart building technology in 50 of the federal government's highest energy-consuming buildings.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growth of Smart Cities
4.3.2 Commercial Applications are Slowly Getting in to Market for Industrial Applications and Home Automation Appliances.
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Ultra Low Power Electronics
4.4.2 Wireless Data Transmissions Rates and Standards
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Technology
5.1.1 Vibration Energy Harvesting
5.1.2 Thermal Energy Harvesting
5.1.3 RF Energy Harvesting
5.1.4 Other Types of Energy Harvesting
5.2 By Application
5.2.3 Military and Aerospace
5.2.4 Building and Home Automation
5.2.5 Consumer Electronics
5.2.6 Other Applications
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ym5v1p