DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Semiconductor Industry Landscape - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Semiconductor Industry Landscape is expected to register a healthy CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026).
- Intel Resale Corporation (Intel Corporation)
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- KYOCERA Corporation
- Micron Technology Inc.
- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation (Toshiba Corporation)
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
- SK Hynix Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Fujitsu Semiconductor Ltd. (Fujitsu Ltd.)
- Semiconductor Components Industries LLC (ON Semiconductor)
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics Sector is Gaining Traction During the Forecast Period
- The electronics market has a constant demand for higher power dissipation, faster speeds, and higher pin counts, along with smaller footprints. The miniaturization and integration of semiconductors have given rise to smaller, lighter, and more portable devices, such as tablets, smartphones, and the emerging IoT devices. Each new iteration of consumer electronics products is smarter, lighter, and more energy-efficient than its predecessors. This creates huge expectations among customers for the next iteration, which is a major selling point for the producers of consumer electronics sector.
- The semiconductor technology is consistently scaling down to smaller sizes and geometries, where a single chip is able to house more and more devices, thereby implying more functionalities per chip, due to which a number of previously-used chips are now being merged into a single chip, by providing highly-integrated solutions.
- Recent advancements in silicon wafer materials have allowed the process of Wafer Level Packaging (WLP), where an IC is packaged, resulting in a component that is practically the same size as that of the die, increasing the usage of semiconductor ICs across the consumer electronics components.
Asia-Pacific to Register the Largest Growing Region During the Forecast Period
- The growth of the semiconductor industry landscape in the region correlates with the end-user growth across the region, being one of the significant markets for smartphones, and is witnessing rising investments in renewable, automotive (EVs specifically), among various others.
- With the rise in electronic equipment production across the region, the largest country market across the Asia Pacific region is China. According to the World Semiconductor Trade Statistics (WSTS) and SIA Estimates, China is the single largest country of APAC region, thereby accounting for 56% of the Asia Pacific market and is capturing 34% of the total global market.
- The consumption of semiconductor components is rapidly increasing in China, Japan, South Korea as compared to other countries, owing to the continuing transfer of diverse electronic equipment to China. Also, China is home to three of the top five largest consumer electronics sector in the world, posing tremendous opportunities for semiconductor adoption across the region during the forecast period.
- Also, the region boasts of the highest investment in the electrical & electronics segment, for instance in 2018, Taiwan-based Powertech Technology announced an investment of more than USD 1.68 billion, in an advanced factory, to ride on the next technology wave of artificial intelligence, high-performance computing, and connected cars. This is set to fuel innovation in the semiconductor industry in the aforementioned applications.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Rapid Advancement in AI along with Innovation & Extended R&D
4.3.2 Rising Demand of IoT and Connected Working Ecosystem
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Complex Fabrication Process Owing to Decreasing Chip Size
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.7 Technology Snapshot
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Component Type
5.2 By Application Type
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Intel Resale Corporation (Intel Corporation)
6.1.2 Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
6.1.3 KYOCERA Corporation
6.1.4 Micron Technology Inc.
6.1.5 Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation (Toshiba Corporation)
6.1.6 Texas Instruments Incorporated
6.1.7 Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
6.1.8 SK Hynix Inc.
6.1.9 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
6.1.10 NXP Semiconductors N.V.
6.1.11 Fujitsu Semiconductor Ltd. (Fujitsu Ltd.)
6.1.12 Semiconductor Components Industries LLC (ON Semiconductor)
6.1.13 Infineon Technologies AG
6.1.14 Renesas Electronics Corporation
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/o2w67a