DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Agricultural Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The agricultural packaging market is expected to reach a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026).
- LC Packaging International
- Grief Inc
- Mondi Group
- NNZ Group
- Packaging Corporation of America
- Sonoco Products Company
- Epac Holdings LLC
- Silgan Holdings
- Bemis Company Inc
- BAG Corporation
Key Market Trends
Plastic Packaging to Hold the Significant Market Share
- Plastic packaging is influencing market growth due to the rising demand for flexible packaging as consumers prefer these solutions. For instance, according to the Flexible Packaging Association, more than 60% of North American consumers are ready to pay for functional packaging benefits, such as product protection, supply chain efficacy, and shipping friendly, among others.
- Polyethylene is the cheapest packaging film. The polyethylene materials that are being used for barrier film include HDPE, LDPE, and LLDPE. Polyethylene is easy to process and is combined with gas/aroma barriers, such as PA and EVOH, for their use in various applications. The essential grade of material among these is the linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE). It is a high-clarity film that is widely used for food packaging.
- Moreover, Plastics are used in either rigid or flexible form as the packaging material for fertilizers and pesticides. The factors such as lightweight, durable, and economical to manufacture are the reasons behind the growing adoption of plastic in the market.
- Plastics also drives innovation in packaging design. For instance, modified atmosphere packaging helps preserve food freshness by capturing a reduced-oxygen air mixture in a plastic package. This technique can benefit farmers, processors, and distributors that sell in global and national markets and extend the product's shelf life by slowing the growth of bacteria.
- Furthermore, players in the market are investing in implementing new technologies for preventing post-harvest loss. For instance, Dupont offers h20ex, a plastic film cover for food containers with a high water vapor transmission rate that reduces mold and product weight loss.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Highest Growth
- Asia-Pacific is experiencing many investments and technological advancements, such as AI-based technologies in agriculture. The emerging countries of the APAC region are rapidly adopting smart technologies across the agriculture space. The adoption of precision farming in the region is fueled by various factors, like continuous advancements in technology, a reduced price of equipment, social media use, and online publications that help create awareness.
- Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba recently got into the farming sector by deploying artificial intelligence in agriculture to assist farmers in increasing crop yield, simultaneously reducing costs. In their smartphones, Alibaba's digitally-recorded information was accessed by farmers, enabling them to monitor whether fruits are ready to be harvested or any pest attack on their standing crops.
- The region is also witnessing higher adoption of sustainable packaging solutions for agricultural products, creating opportunities for global brands to invest in the region further. The rise in the farm yield along with accelerated growth witnessed in a plethora of end-use industries such as seed and pesticides & fertilizers is expected to boost Asia Pacific agricultural packaging market size during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing demand from the agrochemical segment
4.2.2 Material-based innovations to enhance shelf life of products and ongoing theme of sustainability in packaging
4.3 Market Challenges
4.3.1 Regulatory & price-related challenges
4.3.2 Diminishing profit margins remains a concern for smaller manufacturers
4.4 Market Opportunities (Material innovations in bulk packaging focused on the use of PP and bulk bags)
4.5 Industry Stakeholder Analysis - Material suppliers, Packaging manufacturers, distributors, end-users, etc.
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7 Assessment of COVID-19 on the Agricultural Packaging (Marginal decline witnessed as packaging has been identified as one of the essential supply chain activities in major countries - Demand for bulk packaging to remain intact - Mono-technology based packaging to witness higher demand)
4.8 Current demand for produce & Retail-based Packaging
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material Type
5.1.3 Paper and Paperboards
5.1.4 Composite Materials
5.1.5 Other Materials
5.2 By Type
5.2.4 Other Types
5.3 By Product Type
5.3.1 Bags & Sacks (Plastic & Paper)
5.3.2 Bulk Containers (Drums & IBC)
5.3.4 Containers (Metal & Plastic)
5.3.5 Other Products (Boxes, Caps & Lids, etc.)
5.4.1 North America
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OUTLOOK
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/91so5v