LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The MolinaCares Accord (“MolinaCares”) is supporting Nevada nonprofit organizations with $273,000 in funds to help Nevadans facing health disparities in communities throughout the state, particularly those heavily impacted by the pandemic.
“The MolinaCares Accord is laser-focused on the health disparities that are leaving communities across Nevada at greater risk of COVID-19 and leading to poorer health outcomes for Nevadans,” said Michael Easterday, plan president, Molina Healthcare of Nevada. “Our support through MolinaCares will contribute to local organizations’ efforts to end food insecurity, find stable housing and provide other needed resources now and long-term for Nevadans in need.”
MolinaCares is providing donations to Nevada organizations including:
- Baby’s Bounty (Clark County) is a nonprofit organization that empowers at-risk families by providing education and essential tools to ensure a good start for every child. Funds will go towards providing for a diaper bank to help meet the increased need since the pandemic struck.
- Help of Southern NV (Clark County) offers an array of programs assisting individuals in attaining self-sufficiency. Funds will support their financial literacy program that educates members on resources to secure and maintain housing and reduce homelessness.
- United Labor Union of Nevada (Clark County) has a food pantry that distributes healthy foods to families in need, in addition to supporting them with utility expenses, temporary rental assistance and medical bills.
- Catholic Charities of Southern NV (Clark County) Hand of Hope Community Food Pantry provides pre-packed hot meal boxes and distributes food throughout Clark County for individuals and families experiencing food insecurity.
- Catholic Charities of Northern NV (Washoe County) provides support to those who need supplemental food from the pantry. Funds will help support any emergency needs and homelessness prevention, in addition to helping pregnant women create a sustainable life plan.
- Food Bank of Northern NV (Washoe County) will use the funds for their prescription food pantry, which provides options for families with dietary restrictions and specialized needs.
- Keep Memory Alive and Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Brain Institute provides no-cost opportunities to support and research disease prevention studies, particularly for those affected by Alzheimer’s disease.
- Three Square offers emergency food distribution for Clark, Lincoln, Nye and Esmeralda County residents. Funds will support the development of a “Rx Pantry,” which provides food for people with chronic conditions.
- Northern Nevada HOPES built Northern Nevada’s first bridge-housing community called Hope Springs. Funds will support efforts by providing a safe environment and needed supplies.
- Southern Nevada Maternal Child and Health Coalition is part of a statewide initiative and works with community partners to advocate for a strong start and the overall well-being of children, including those with special health care needs.
“The global pandemic has increased the needs of vulnerable communities everywhere, and southern Nevada is no exception," said Deacon Tom Roberts, president and CEO of Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada. “This generous gift from MolinaCares will support us in our efforts to care for our neighbors. We’re fortunate to have such generous donors that can truly help people in need strive to become self-sufficient.”
About MolinaCares Accord
Established by Molina Healthcare, Inc., The MolinaCares Accord oversees a community investment platform created to improve the health and well-being of disadvantaged populations by funding meaningful, measurable, and innovative programs and solutions that improve health, life, and living in local communities. The MolinaCares Accord funds such measures through The Molina Healthcare Charitable Foundation Inc., a 501(c)(3) established in 2020 by Molina Healthcare, Inc.