COLUMBIA, Mo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bluebird Network a Midwest communications infrastructure provider and operator of two data centers and 10,000 miles of fiber announces their expanded network deployment plans to provide fiber access to more than 500 towers. The additional fiber expands their robust network reach across five states reaching 28 markets throughout the Midwest to support 5G network deployments. The expanded fiber network will enhance connectivity for businesses, carriers, and communities with access to reliable, secure, and high-capacity network services. The network expansion is currently underway and is expected to be completed by the end of 2021.
Bluebird Network’s expanded fiber reach supports densification initiatives steadily underway throughout the US, particularly benefiting the Midwest in the following metro markets:
- Missouri: Columbia, Jefferson City, Kirksville, Macon, Hannibal, La Plata, Mountain View, Rangeline, Fayette, Kahoka, and Moberly
- Illinois: Rockford, Peoria, Monmouth, Sterling, Rock Falls and Dixon
- Iowa: Knoxville, Indianola, Burlington, Waterloo and Ottumwa
- Kansas: Coffeyville, Independence, Salina and Parsons
- Oklahoma: McAlester and Broken Bow.
“The 5G movement is underway, and Bluebird plans to be a major player in enabling its rollout and subsequent adoption. Our commitment to deploy fiber to over 500 towers will further strengthen Midwest businesses and residents with enhanced network access to leverage the latest technology driving digital transformation,” said Michael Morey, President, and CEO of Bluebird Network. “We understand these connections are no longer a luxury, they are a necessity for businesses. Many applications require low latency to ensure optimal performance, requiring a concerted effort to move access closer to end-users. Bluebird is stepping up its network capabilities to ensure the communities we serve have the connectivity needed to embrace the digital economy.”
Bluebird’s enhanced network reach complements the company’s initiatives executed in 2020,:
- Purchased Colohub Data Center in Bettendorf, Iowa January 1, 2021 – renaming it Bluebird Quad Cities Data Center.
- Founded the Springfield Internet Exchange Point (SpringIX) in October 2020 which is housed within the Bluebird Underground Data Center in Springfield, Missouri.
- Completed dense fiber builds in Springfield, Missouri (61 route miles), Jefferson City (26 route miles), Joplin (21 route miles), and Strafford (60 route miles).
- Engineered Columbia, Missouri’s largest fiber build ever (60 route miles), a project which also nurtured the city’s 5G capabilities.
- Connected an array of mobile service towers in Hannibal, Missouri to support the city’s 5G network.
- Acquired the Illinois Network Alliance, expanding Bluebird’s fiber footprint into Illinois.
Bluebird Network supports increased productivity and innovation for businesses by supplying robust and reliable fiber services necessary to thrive in the next era of digital transformation. The company provides an array of services including dedicated internet, Ethernet solutions, Cloud Connections, dark fiber, wavelengths, colocation, and more.
To learn more about Bluebird Network, please visit bluebirdnetwork.com.
About Bluebird Network
Bluebird Network is a communications infrastructure provider and data center operator. Since 1999, Bluebird Network, headquartered in Columbia, Missouri, has provided internet and transport services, via its fiber infrastructure, to Carriers and Enterprises in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Iowa, and the surrounding states. Bluebird owns two data centers: an underground facility in Springfield, MO, and a facility in the Quad Cities. Bluebird operates over 9,800 fiber route miles of high-speed broadband and fiber-optic connections with over 60,000 on-net and near-net buildings and 151 Points of Presence (PoP) sites spanning the Midwest, including the major cities of Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield (MO and IL), Tulsa, Peoria, Rockford, Bloomington, Normal and the Quad Cities. To learn more, please visit Bluebirdnetwork.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.