IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Alorica Inc., a global customer experience (CX) provider, today recapped key results from its 2020 corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives including the formation of its newest global social impact program—TIDE (Together for Inclusion, Diversity and Equity). Concurrently, the company’s non-profit partner, Making Lives Better with Alorica (MLBA), published its 2020 Impact Report noting over $6.5 million in employee-led donations to date, which marks a significant milestone only five years after its inception.
“Who we are as a company is defined by our people. And during an epically challenging year like 2020, where both our organization and the global community at large were impacted, Aloricans around the world showed up in a tremendous way to help those in need,” said Joyce Lee, Chief Culture Officer at Alorica and President of MLBA. “I’m humbled by the selflessness, dedication and resourcefulness our employees continue to demonstrate in supporting each other, while giving back to their communities. Last year taught us that together, as a family, we can overcome almost anything and truly make lives better where it counts the most.”
Launched in 2019, Alorica’s CSR program is a three-pronged commitment to Philanthropy, People and the Planet. Its focus is on doing the right thing and taking care of one another through charitable giving, social impact and environmental sustainability. In line with this mission, several notable achievements were made in 2020, including:
Philanthropy – Making Lives Better with Alorica
- MLBA celebrated five years of service, a year which marked significant progress on its quest to make lives better around the world, especially for those in need. The non-profit raised nearly $867,000 in monetary donations and supported 68 charity partners.
- Throughout the course of the year, MLBA awarded 924 grants totaling over $527,000 in support of housing, medical and utility costs, charity programs, funeral expenses and necessities, such as groceries and related essentials.
- In addition, through its Crisis Relief Fund, more than $73,000 was distributed and 400+ families were assisted during disasters, such as Hurricane Iota, Hurricane Eta, Volcano Taal and COVID-19 among others.
People – Our People Are Everything
- In September 2020, Alorica introduced TIDE, a grassroots diversity, equity and inclusion program that is now an integral part of the company’s global employee experience. Through a regular Real Talk series, employees at all levels have an interactive forum to create awareness, share experiences and develop creative solutions to social issues in our communities.
- Launched in 2018, the Women’s Initiative continues to connect, support and develop current and future leaders by providing a platform for women in leadership roles to share their experience and advice. The 2020 speaker series featured Callie Field, EVP of Customer Care at T-Mobile, and Dr. Kristen Ray, VP of Wellness at Bayless Healthcare, among other influential executives.
- Alorica was also distinguished as an Impact Sourcing Champion by IAOP for strategically hiring thousands of employees around the world from underserved communities.
Planet – Earth is All We Have, There Is No Plan(et) B
- Alorica successfully propelled its sustainable business practices in 2020, including the expansion of its work-at-home solution—Alorica Anywhere—aggressively reducing the company’s global carbon footprint.
- This included scaling back the number of brick-and-mortar sites, significantly decreasing the impacts of commuting, lowering the use of electricity and energy as well as using less paper and other office supplies.
“This year, we will continue our CSR initiatives in Philanthropy, led largely by the generosity of our employees around the world who make MLBA possible; People, with a special emphasis on the ongoing development of Alorica’s diversity, equity and inclusion program as well as our impact sourcing strategy; and the Planet, centered around sustainability, reducing carbon footprint and cutting waste to protect the environment,” added Lee.
Alorica is a U.S. minority-owned business enterprise (MBE) and the largest minority-owned BPO company in the world. Aligning with its clients’ goals to hire and source from diverse and minority-owned companies, Alorica is MBE-certified by both the National Minority Supplier Development Council and Southern California Minority Business Development Council.
We are made up of 100,000 passionate problem solvers who make lives better through positive customer interactions—at every touchpoint—across voice, chat and social. Leveraging innovative technologies—including intelligent automation and a comprehensive analytics suite—we support the world’s most respected brands with the best talent and resources necessary to create insanely great experiences. Alorica provides a host of world-class services—from customer care to financial solutions and digital services—to clients across industries of all kinds, many of whom are on the Fortune 500. Alorica contact centers and operation hubs span the globe with locations in 14 countries. To learn more, visit www.Alorica.com.
About Making Lives Better with Alorica (MLBA)
Founded in 2015, Making Lives Better with Alorica (MLBA) is the global, non-profit partner of Alorica. Our approach to corporate philanthropy is like none other; while most companies handle charitable giving from the top-down, MLBA and Alorica empower its employee-led Chapters across the United States, Philippines, Mexico, Panama, Guatemala and Canada, to make lives better for local causes and individuals that matter most to them. To learn more, visit https://www.livesbetter.org/.