FLORHAM PARK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ASCO Power Technologies, the world’s leading provider of critical power solutions, announces the availability of its newest White Paper about paralleling switchgear, entitled Power Control System Basics. Paralleling switchgear offers some of the most sophisticated and complete backup power solutions available today, and the white paper provides an easy-to-read overview of these.
Paralleling switchgear is used when two or more generators must be used together to achieve sufficient capacity for a facility’s backup power needs. In ac systems, the power sources must be synchronized before connecting to a common bus. Running two or more power sources together, or paralleling, can offer the following benefits:
- Redundancy to increase reliability and availability
- Efficiency by optimizing generator usage and load management
- Economy by enabling users to connect utility and cogeneration sources and receive revenue through utility demand-response programs
- Generating on-site power to reduce or eliminate use of utility power during periods of high demand
The paper explains the arrangement of devices used to interact with generation, distribution, and load equipment; summarizes the range of equipment that Power Control Systems connect; and highlights differences in paralleling switchgear used for medium voltage applications. It also explains the unique functions these systems offer, including:
- maximizing the amount of load that can be carried by available gensets
- supplying loads using the fewest generators
- segmenting bus to decrease connection time and increase redundancy
- streamlining compliance through automated reporting
- connection to generators from every major manufacturer and fuel type
The paper concludes by providing examples of paralleling switchgear used in hospitals, data centers, and wastewater treatment plants. Power professionals and facility managers are encouraged to access the paper at https://www.ascopower.com/us/en/download/document/ASC-TS-WP-127-PCSB/.
ASCO Power Technologies offers 120+ White Papers and 40+ Technical Briefs that quickly present key information about backup power equipment, technologies, and regulations. Each document is quick to read and easy to comprehend. The full range of ASCO knowledge assets, including interactive features that make critical power solutions easy to see and understand are available through the firm’s Digital Hub at www.ascopower.com.
About ASCO Power Technologies
ASCO Power Technologies has provided power reliability solutions for more than 125 years. The firm designs, manufactures, services, and supports automatic transfer switches, power control equipment, load banks, and critical power management systems. ASCO products serve mission-critical functions in data centers, healthcare facilities, telecommunication networks, commercial buildings, and industrial operations. To learn more about any of ASCO’s premium products and services, call (800) 800 ASCO (2726), email CustomerCare@Ascopower.com, or visit www.ascopower.com.