This "Atrial Fibrillation - Pipeline Insight, 2021," report provides comprehensive insights about 5+ companies and 5+ pipeline drugs in Atrial Fibrillation pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Atrial Fibrillation Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Atrial Fibrillation report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Atrial Fibrillation Emerging Drugs
- Etripamil: Milestone Pharmaceuticals
Etripamil, the Company's lead investigational product, is designed to be a rapid-response therapy for episodic cardiovascular conditions. The novel calcium channel blocker is self-administered via a nasal spray, which may shift the current treatment paradigm for many patients with PSVT from the emergency department to the at-home setting. Milestone is conducting a comprehensive development program for etripamil, with Phase 3 trials underway in PSVT, and plans to commence a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in patients with atrial fibrillation with rapid ventricular rate, with subsequent studies expected in other conditions where calcium channel blockers are used.
- OMT 28: OMEICOS Therapeutics
OMT-28 is a stable synthetic small molecule analog of the natural omega-3 fatty acid metabolite 17, 18-EEQ, which has a structure optimized to provide efficacy, safety, and oral availability. The compound has proven its anti-arrhythmic, cardioprotective, and anti-fibrotic potential in different in vivo models. Currently, it is in phase 2 of clinical trials for the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
- HBI-3000 (sulcardine sulfate trihydrate) : HUYA Bioscience International
HBI-3000 (sulcardine sulfate trihydrate; Bai, et al. 2012) is a multi-ion channel blocker with effects on INa-Peak, INa-Late, ICa,L, and IKr with similar in vitro potencies across these various ion channels in human atrial cardiomyocytes. It is being developed by HUYA Bioscience International (HUYABIOT) for the conversion of recent onset atrial fibrillation (AF). Currently undergoing phase 1 of clinical trials.
- AP 30663: Acesion Pharma
It is based on inhibition of SK channels - ion channels present in the atria that play a role in regulating the cardiac rhythm. Blocking these ion channels with a functionally atrial selective drug helps avoid deleterious effects on the ventricles. Targeting the SK channels thereby constitutes a novel and promising approach for an effective treatment for AF with an expected higher safety and tolerability profile.
Atrial Fibrillation: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Atrial Fibrillation drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
Major Players in Atrial Fibrillation
There are approx. 5+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Atrial Fibrillation. The companies which have their Atrial Fibrillation drug candidates in the mid to advanced stage, i.e. Phase II include, Acesion Pharma and others.
The report covers around 5+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late-stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II and Phase I/II)
- Early-stage products (Phase I/II and Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
Route of Administration
Atrial Fibrillation pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Small molecules
- Natural metabolites
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Product Type
The drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Atrial Fibrillation: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Atrial Fibrillation therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Atrial Fibrillation drugs.
Atrial Fibrillation Report Insights
- Atrial Fibrillation Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Atrial Fibrillation Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Key Questions Answered
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Atrial Fibrillation drugs?
- How many Atrial Fibrillation drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Atrial Fibrillation therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Atrial Fibrillation and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Milestone Pharmaceuticals
- OMEICOS Therapeutics
- HUYA Bioscience International
- Acesion Pharma
- Merz Pharma
- AP 30663
- Botulinum toxin A
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/miohy