ATLANTA & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), a leading operator of global exchanges and clearing houses and provider of mortgage technology, data and listings services, today reported December, fourth quarter and full year 2020 trading volume and related revenue statistics, which can be viewed on the company’s investor relations website at https://ir.theice.com/ir-resources/supplemental-information in the Monthly Statistics Tracking spreadsheet.
“Throughout 2020 our customers once again navigated a range of uncertainties and risks across global markets,” said Ben Jackson, President of Intercontinental Exchange. “By staying close to our customers and combining our world class technology with mission critical data and seamless connectivity, we enable our customers to capture gains in efficiency and this advances the networks we operate and the value proposition we bring to our customers.”
Energy OI up 7% y/y; ADV up 3% y/y in 4Q20 and 15% y/y in 2020
- Brent ADV up 4% y/y in 2020
- Gasoil ADV up 5% y/y in 2020
Other Oil ADV up 21% y/y in December, up 40% in 4Q20 and up 77% in 2020
- Heating oil OI up 39% y/y; ADV up 32% y/y in December, up 75% y/y in 4Q20 and up 236% in 2020
- RBOB gasoline OI up 55% y/y; ADV up 78% y/y in December, up 131% y/y in 4Q20 and up 193% y/y in 2020
- Other Crude & Refined products ADV up 6% in 4Q20 and up 19% in 2020
North American natural gas OI up 16% y/y
- Henry Hub OI up 29% y/y; ADV up 16% y/y in December, up 3% in 4Q20 and up 28% y/y in 2020
- US Basis OI up 3% y/y
European natural gas OI up 12% y/y; ADV up 27% y/y in December, up 28% y/y in 4Q20 and up 33% y/y in 2020
- TTF OI up 18% y/y including record futures OI of 1.8 million contracts on 12/16/2020; ADV up 32% y/y in December, up 36% y/y in 4Q20 and up 52% y/y in 2020
Other Natural Gas OI up 55% y/y; December ADV up 633% y/y, 4Q20 ADV up 224% y/y and ADV up 30% y/y in 2020
- Record Japan-Korea Marker OI up 68% y/y; Record December ADV up 139% y/y, Record 4Q20 ADV up 46% y/y and ADV up 59% y/y in 2020
- Environmental OI up 8% y/y including record OI of 2.8 million contracts on 12/8/2020; ADV up 23% y/y in December, 30% y/y in 4Q20 and up 19% y/y in 2020
- Sugar OI up 2% y/y; ADV up 5% y/y in 2020
- Sterling OI up 11% y/y including record futures OI of 5 million contracts on 12/11/2020; ADV up 2% y/y in December
- SONIA OI up 99% y/y including record OI of 141 thousand contracts on 12/18/2020; ADV up 566% y/y in December, Record 4Q20 ADV up 382% and ADV up 153% y/y in 2020
- Record SOFR OI up 22% y/y; ADV up 154% y/y in December, up 118% y/y in 4Q20 and up 103% y/y in 2020
- Equity Index OI up 5% y/y; ADV up 11% y/y in 2020
- NYSE cash equities ADV up 31% y/y in December, up 32% y/y in 4Q20 and up 42% y/y in 2020
- NYSE equity options ADV up 94% y/y in December, up 85% y/y in 4Q20 and up 61% y/y in 2020
- ICE now expects fourth quarter GAAP non-operating expenses to be in the range of $72 million to $77 million. Adjusted non-operating expenses are expected to be in the range of $126 million to $131 million due to updated projections of the OCC’s estimated profits for 2020.
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 company and provider of marketplace infrastructure, data services and technology solutions to a broad range of customers including financial institutions, corporations and government entities. We operate regulated marketplaces, including the New York Stock Exchange, for the listing, trading and clearing of a broad array of derivatives contracts and financial securities across major asset classes. Our comprehensive data services offering supports the trading, investment, risk management and connectivity needs of customers around the world and across asset classes. As a leading technology provider for the U.S. residential mortgage industry, ICE Mortgage Technology provides the technology and infrastructure to transform and digitize U.S. residential mortgages, from application and loan origination through to final settlement.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located at http://www.intercontinentalexchange.com/terms-of-use. Key Information Documents for certain products covered by the EU Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation can be accessed on the relevant exchange website under the heading “Key Information Documents (KIDS).”
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 -- Statements in this press release regarding ICE's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2019, as filed with the SEC on February 6, 2020.
SOURCE: Intercontinental Exchange