LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With growing digitization and increasing demand for automation, the Internet of Things technology has garnered significant traction in recent years. IoT provides an ecosystem for several digital devices to be connected with the Internet. To improve connectivity in such an ecosystem, various devices use thin semiconductor chips and wafers, often created in semiconductor foundries. As a result, the surging demand for semiconductor driven devices from various segments such as retail, medical, automotive, and electronic industries will accelerate the semiconductor foundry market demand in the upcoming years. In addition, Technavio has further analyzed that the increasing growth of AR and VR will also drive the demand for semiconductor foundry during the forecast period.
According to Technavio’s research report, the semiconductor foundry market is segmented by application (communications, PCs/desktop, consumer, automotive, and others) and type (pure-play foundries and IDMs). The communications application segment is likely to witness considerable growth in the semiconductor foundry market mainly due to the construction of semiconductor fabs for producing a large number of ICs. In addition, the introduction of 5G technology will further drive this segment's growth in the forthcoming years.
For further understanding the semiconductor foundry market’s present and forecasted supply-demand curve, Click Here to Download a Free Sample
The presence of several semiconductor companies focusing on the creation of semiconductor fabs in the US is expected to aid North America in leading the semiconductor foundry market to witness an incremental growth of 40% by 2024. North America had the largest semiconductor foundry market share in 2019, and the region will continue to offer several growth opportunities to market vendors during the forecast period. The present political scenario of the US and the presence of a large number of fabless semiconductor foundries will significantly influence semiconductor foundry market growth in this region.
Take further assistance from our industry experts for our $1000 Worth of Free Tailor-made reports
- Market Overview
- Market ecosystem
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2019
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2019 - 2024
Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by Application
- Market segments
- Comparison by Application placement
- Communications - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- PCs/Desktop - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Consumer - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Automotive - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Others - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Application
Market Segmentation by Type
- Market segments
- Comparison by Type placement
- Pure-play foundries - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- IDMs - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Type
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- North America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- South America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity by geography
Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- Market drivers
- Volume driver - Demand led growth
- Volume driver - Supply led growth
- Volume driver - External factors
- Volume driver - Demand shift in adjacent markets
- Price driver - Inflation
- Price driver - Shift from lower to higher-priced units
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Landscape disruption
- Vendors covered
- Market positioning of vendors
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- ON Semiconductor Corp.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp.
- STMicroelectronics International NV
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd.
- United Microelectronics Corp.
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.