DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Military Robots Market by Type (Land, Marine, Airborne), Application, System, Deployment Method, Range, End User (Defense, Homeland Security), Mode of Operation, Propulsion and region - Global Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The military robots market size is projected to grow from USD 14.5 billion in 2020 to USD 24.2 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 10.7% from 2020 to 2025.
Drivers for this market include increasing use of robots in areas affected by chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) attacks, the increased use of robots for mine countermeasures and the increasing use of UAVs in life-threatening missions.
"Based on type, the airborne segment is projected to lead the military robots market from 2020 to 2025."
Based on type, the airborne segment is estimated to lead the military robots market in 2020 and is expected to continue its dominance till 2025. The airborne segment accounted for a significant share of the military robots market, which can be attributed to combat regiments worldwide being equipped with UAVs of various types.
The use of drones and UAVs for assault, intelligence gathering, and support has increased tremendously in the last few years. Inexpensive swarms of drones are the preferred method for launching an attack on a target as they have precise results for a fraction of the cost.
"Based on end user, the defense segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2019 to 2025."
Based on end user, defense segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Military robots for the defense segment are far more advanced than normal robots and can perform applications that robots used in homeland security cannot. Countries like the US, Canada, France, Germany, and the UK place a high value on soldier survivability.
There has been a trend of using unmanned platforms to carry out dangerous missions so that soldiers' lives are saved. For example, a major application area for military robots is in explosive ordnance disposal. The use of unmanned ground vehicles for transport and surveillance is increasing as soldiers can carry more equipment in rough terrain by using unmanned robots.
"Europe military robots market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period."
Europe is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR in military robots market during the forecast period. Increased deployment of UAVs for surveillance and reconnaissance, the use of land and marine robots for applications such as explosive ordnance disposal and mine clearing among others have resulted in an increased demand for military robots in the region.
Key players profiled in the military robots market include FLIR Systems, Inc. (US), BAE Systems (UK), Saab AB (Sweden), QinetiQ (UK) Lockheed Martin Corporation (US), General Dynamics Corporation (US) among others.
- Increasing Use of Robots in Areas Affected by Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Attacks
- Growing Demand for Autonomous Systems in the Defense Sector
- Rising Adoption of UGVs for Counter-Insurgency Operations
- Developing Smart Robots to Carry Out Combat Operations
- Improving Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Target Acquisition Capabilities of Defense Forces
- Increasing Adoption of Umvs for Mine Countermeasures
- Maritime Security and Threats
- Increasing Use of UAVs in Life-Threatening Military Missions
- Increasing Use of Modern Warfare Techniques by Defense Forces
- Increasing Use of UAVs as Loitering Munition
- Increasing Use of UAVs in Advanced Patrolling of Marine Borders
- Growing Use of UAVs to Counter Terrorism
- Requirement for Developing Sophisticated and Highly Reliable UGVs
- Lack of Advanced Visual Capabilities in UGVs
- High Operational Costs of AUVs
- Low Reliability of UUVs
- Uav Reliability
- Development of Fully Autonomous Ugvs
- Increased Defense Budgets of Different Countries for Unmanned Systems
- Development and Incorporation of Advanced Technologies in AUVs
- Growing Defense Budgets of Major Economies
- Requirement for Continuous and Uninterrupted Power Supply in Ugvs
- Hardware and Software Malfunctions
- Slow Underwater Survey Speed Owing to the Use of Acoustic Communication
- Lack of Skilled & Trained Personnel to Operate UAVs
- Issues with Safety and Security of UAVs
Average Selling Price Trend - Unmanned Ground Vehicles
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles for Swarm Operations
- Multi-Mission Unmanned Ground Vehicles
- Cross-Platform Communication
- Swarmdiver by Aquabotix (Australia)
- Lockheed Martin (Us) Launched a Uav on Command from Auv
Impact of COVID-19 on the Military Robots Market
- Aerovironment, Inc.
- Atlas Elektronik
- BAE Systems
- Boston Dynamics
- Cobham plc
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- Flir Systems, Inc.
- General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Icor Technology
- Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
- Leonardo S.P.A
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Oshkosh Corporation
- Raytheon Technologies
- RE2 Robotics
- Rheinmetall Ag
- Saab Ab
- Textron Systems
- Thales Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bxu7dt