DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Radiodermatitis Market by Product and Distribution Channel: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global radiodermatitis market was valued at $477.48 million in 2019, and is projected to reach $609.68 million by 2027, registering a CAGR of 4.1% from 2020 to 2027.
Radiodermatitis is a cutaneous reaction that occurs as one of the side effects of radiotherapy during cancer treatment or sometimes after interventional radiology. It is one of the most common side effects of radiation therapies used in carcinoma mostly for breasts, head & neck tumors, lungs, and soft tissue sarcomas. According to an article published in the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology in 2016, it is estimated that 95% of cancer patients receiving radiation therapy would develop some form of radiodermatitis, including erythema, dry desquamation, and moist desquamation. Radiodermatitis can further be classified as acute and chronic. Acute radiation dermatitis occurs within 90 days of exposure to radiation.
Growth of the global radiodermatitis market is majorly driven by increase in prevalence of cancer and rise in adoption of radiotherapy for treatment globally. Furthermore, an increase in geriatric population also fuels growth of the radiodermatitis market. However, high cost associated with radiodermatitis treatment is anticipated to restrict growth of the market. On the contrary, an increase in demand for reduction of side effects associated with radiation therapy is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market expansion during the forecast period.
The global radiodermatitis market is segmented into product, distribution channel, and region. On the basis of product, the market is fragmented into topical, oral drugs, and dressings. The topical products segment is further divided into corticosteroids, hydrophilic creams, topical antibiotics, and others. The dressings segment is divided into hydrogel and hydrocolloid dressings, no sting barrier film, honey impregnated gauze, silicone coated, and others. By distribution channel, it is categorized into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends from 2019 to 2027 to identify prevailing opportunities along with strategic assessment of the global radiodermatitis market.
- Market size and estimations are based on a comprehensive analysis of end users, developments, and services in the industry.
- An in-depth analysis based on region assists to understand the regional market and facilitates strategic business planning.
- Developmental strategies adopted by the key market players are enlisted to understand the competitive scenario of the market.
- Growth in the Geriatric Population
- Increase in Prevalence of Cancer
- Rise in the Adoption of Radiotherapy
- Higher Radiodermatitis Cost
- Increase in Demand for Reduction of Side Effects Associated With Radiation Therapy
Key Market Players
- 3M COMPANY
- BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES INC
- BAYER AG
- BMG PHARMA SPA
- CONVATEC GROUP PLC
- GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC
- HELSINN HEALTHCARE SA
- MOLNLYCKE HEALTH CARE
- MYLAN N.V.
- SMITH & NEPHEW PLC
- STRATPHARMA AG
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5imqng