SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cloudinary, the media experience platform for many of the world’s top brands, today announced an increase in demand for its AI-based video platform launched last October, as brands accelerated their digital transformation plans during the COVID crisis. With 7,000 customers, 700,000 users and more than 40 billion assets under management, Cloudinary’s video bandwidth grew by more than 140% in Q2 2020. Brands relying on Cloudinary’s video platform include Bleacher Report, Mediavine, Nintendo, Fiverr, Guess, Hinge, Finalsite, Outbrain, Salsify and Taboola.
As companies increasingly rely on video to educate, inform and connect with audiences, the Cloudinary Media Experience Platform automates and simplifies the entire process of delivering engaging and consistent videos across all channels, devices and web browsers. Later this month, Cloudinary will expand its video capabilities with its new slideshow generation feature, allowing users to generate personalized video content using existing assets and templates.
“For tomorrow’s shoppers the role of social media and online video will be key when it comes to looking at influencing purchasing decisions,” said Hugh Fletcher, Global Head of Consultancy and Innovation at Wunderman Thompson Commerce. “Our research tells us that the consumers of tomorrow are being conditioned to expect more in terms of range, ease, speed, convenience and of course content. Video will continue to have a huge impact on the shopping behaviors of young people, it’s the content of preference and brands must get their strategies right.”
“Video has always been an inspiring and engaging format, but the role video is currently playing in the enterprise and everyday lives cannot be understated,” said Amit Shachak, head of video, Cloudinary. “Our goal is to remove the challenges traditionally associated with managing video at scale; to make it as easy as possible for brands to harness the power of video, allowing anyone to create the most engaging content automatically delivered in the right size and format for a rich and seamless experience, no matter where their audiences are engaged.”
Next-gen Video Made Easy
Cloudinary’s dynamic video platform includes the latest, most innovative tools for improved customer engagement with the automation required to make it easy for brands to deliver them, including:
- Shoppable videos for eCommerce. With shoppable videos, brands can list products alongside a video in an expandable products bar, enable visitors to interact with products, link shoppers to the relevant product pages to make a purchase, and bring products to life through interactivity.
- 3D model support and transformations. Cloudinary now supports 3D models in FBX and glTF formats, allowing users to generate 360 animated images from a 3D model, generate a 360 video from a 3D model, or generate a single, stand-alone image from a 3D model.
- Smart search, workflows and optimized storage. AI-based auto-tagging, structured metadata, and advanced search capabilities let users more easily manage, store and search video libraries. Streamlined media workflows help ensure that all asset stakeholders are in sync. By creating a single source of truth, Cloudinary helps users manage a single video asset, no matter how many derived assets they create to greatly streamline storage management and discoverability.
On Thursday, October 29 at 10:00 a.m. ET, Cloudinary will host a webinar titled “Navigating the New Normal of Digital Commerce” with experts from Incisiv and Wunderman Thompson Commerce to discuss the ways in which retail and e-Commerce companies can improve digital experiences and engagement through micro-video and other best practices. Register for the free panel discussion here.
To learn more about Cloudinary’s dynamic video platform and schedule a demo, visit https://cloudinary.com/solutions/video_management.
- Learn more about why leading brands turn to Cloudinary and how customers like Bleacher Report are benefiting from Cloudinary’s video platform
- Learn more about the power of video in our interactive 2020 State of Visual Media report
Cloudinary’s mission is to empower companies to deliver visual experiences that inspire and connect by unleashing the full potential of their media. With more than 40 billion assets under management and 7,000 customers worldwide, Cloudinary is the industry standard for developers, creators and marketers looking to upload, store, transform, manage, and deliver images and videos online. As a result, leading brands like Atlassian, Bleacher Report, Grubhub, Hinge, Lyft, NBC, Mediavine, Peloton, Petco and Under Armour are seeing significant business value in using Cloudinary, including faster time to market, higher user satisfaction and increased engagement and conversions. For more information, visit www.cloudinary.com.