NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CorpGov, Vinson & Elkins LLP, Profile Advisors, and Nasdaq are pleased to invite you to the third event in the 2020 Governance Series on Wednesday, September 30, at 11am ET: Shareholder Outreach: Preparing for the 2021 Proxy Season. Event partners include JPMorgan Chase & Co., ICR, Morrow Sodali, BlackRock, Inc., and The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association.
To register, please click here.
The Webinar will last approximately 90 minutes, including a live Q&A session with the audience.
Topics will include:
- Pent-up activism from the 2020 proxy season emerging in 2021
- Companies “getting a pass” from activists on COVID-related underperformance
- The outlook for M&A/consolidation-focused activism
- The broadening definition of ESG following the pandemic
- The convergence of ESG with proxy/governance issues
- Planning appropriate ESG disclosures
The event will be divided into two panels:
- Lawrence S. Elbaum, Partner and Co-Head of Shareholder Activism, Vinson & Elkins
- Greg Marose, Co-Founder, Profile Advisors
- Benjamin Wilson, Head of North America Shareholder Engagement and M&A Capital Markets, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Michael Verrechia, Managing Director, Co-Head of M&A and Activism Advisory Group, Morrow Sodali
- Sarah E. Fortt, Counsel, Board Governance and Engagement, Vinson & Elkins
- Kellie Huennekens, Head of ESG Research, Nasdaq
- Tanya Levy-Odom, Director, Investment Stewardship, BlackRock, Inc.
- Lyndon Park, Head of Governance Solutions, ICR
Moderator: John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief, CorpGov
Links to Prior 2020 Governance Series Events:
We look forward to you joining us.