CUPERTINO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rancher Labs, creators of the world’s most widely used Kubernetes management platform, was recently named a ‘leader’ in multicloud container development platforms by Forrester Research.
The report, “The Forrester Wave™: Multicloud Container Development Platforms, Q3 2020,” recognizes Rancher as a leader among eight of the most significant enterprise container platform vendors and is designed to help decision-makers understand key differentiators and evaluate performance. Rancher is one of only three providers seen as Leaders, based on Forrester’s evaluation of 29 criteria measuring the strength of each vendors’ current offering, strategy, and market presence.
Led by Forrester Vice President and Principal Analyst Dave Bartoletti and Principal Analyst Charlie Dai, the report explains how cloud-native technologies like containers and Kubernetes are becoming the preferred tools to build new software experiences and modernize existing apps at scale and across clouds. To manage large-scale deployments, “Enterprise customers now seek container development platforms that accelerate and simplify the development and operations (DevOps) of cloud-native apps with wherever and however firms build and deploy them.”
The report notes Rancher’s ability to simplify multicloud Kubernetes management at scale. It describes the widely deployed platform used by a broad range of enterprise and cloud-native companies to run large-scale clusters across many public and on-premises platforms.
Statements from the report include:
- “Rancher is 100% open source; embraces and extends native public cloud container services; focuses on intuitive, simplified DevOps automations; and specializes in helping companies operate Kubernetes at massive scale and in edge computing scenarios.”
- “The Rancher platform includes a comprehensive application catalog, centralized visibility and control of distributed clusters, service mesh innovations, built-in CI/CD pipelines, broad runtime and registry support, and very strong ‘Day 2’ cluster operations...”
- “Reference customers praised Rancher’s comprehensive application catalog coverage, broad public cloud infrastructure integrations, strong participation in the cloud-native open source community, excellent customer support, rock-solid stability, and fast time-to-value.”
- “Rancher is ideal for firms seeking a proven multicloud container management platform available on a wide variety of cloud platforms and edge environments.”
“We believe that being recognized as a leader by Forrester Research is strong validation of Rancher’s computing everywhere vision and our continued investment in innovation,” said Peter Smails, CMO at Rancher Labs. “With the number of containerized applications being deployed on-premises, in the cloud, and on the Edge rapidly increasing, Rancher’s ability to simplify multicloud Kubernetes management at scale is what sets us apart from the competition.”
- Download the complete Forrester Wave report, here.
- Register for Rancher’s ‘Computing on the Edge with Kubernetes’ conference, here.
- Learn more about Rancher products, here.
- Register for the Rancher Academy, here.
About Rancher Labs
Rancher Labs delivers open source software that enables organizations to deploy and manage Kubernetes at scale, on any infrastructure across the data center, cloud, branch offices, and the network edge. With 35,000 active users and greater than 100 million downloads, their flagship product, Rancher, is the industry’s most widely adopted Kubernetes management platform. For additional information, visit www.rancher.com and follow @Rancher_Labs on Twitter. All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.