TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CanadaHelps, one of the largest platforms in Canada for donating and fundraising online, today announced new Cause Funds. This new and innovative way to give enables donors to make an impact for a cause they care about by making a single donation in support of a group of charities focused on the same cause. Donations made to a particular Cause Fund are pooled and then distributed equally among the registered charities in the Fund. Cause Funds democratize support for the charitable sector by easily connecting Canadian donors to the causes they are passionate about while supporting charities of all sizes.
“We introduced Cause Funds in response to evolving trends in charitable giving, including an overall decline in charitable donations. Demographic patterns are shifting, and we know that younger generations are more likely to support a specific cause than form relationships with individual charities. Canadians are also looking for an easier way to give to a cause close to their heart and simultaneously support multiple charities focused on a particular cause,” said Marina Glogovac, President and CEO of CanadaHelps. “Now more than ever, Canadians also want transparency to ensure they can trust that their donations are going to the right organizations and advancing the causes that are important to them. At the same time, charities of all sizes need to receive critical funding to continue to be able to deliver on their missions. Our Cause Funds serve both of these needs while setting a new bar for charitable giving.”
Research shows that the charitable sector in Canada, and around the world, is currently experiencing a crisis. Donations are declining, and younger donors are not engaging in charitable giving in the same way older generations have. Cause Funds aims to reverse these trends by providing a modernized way to connect donors and charities around the causes they care about, while ensuring that critical funding reaches the Canadian charities that need it. Cause Funds also provide greater transparency, authenticity, and trust throughout the giving process by ensuring that only registered Canadian charities receive donated funds. Donations made to Cause Funds are sent directly to eligible charities, and tax receipts are automatically issued to donors.
The following Cause Funds are some of the new Funds offered by CanadaHelps:
● Housing for All in Alberta and Housing for All in Vancouver – These Funds support charities that are leading efforts to end homelessness in Alberta and Vancouver, and includes emergency shelters and transitional housing.
● Literacy for All Fund – 17% of adults between 16 to 65 years of age in Canada struggle with low levels of literacy, and this Fund includes over 270 registered charities that are working to improve literacy rates across Canada.
● Life with Alzheimer’s Fund – Donations to this Fund will reach more than 70 registered charities that provide support services and assistance to affected Canadians and their families as they care for their loved ones or facilitate critical research.
● Removing Barriers for People with Visual Impairments Fund – Donations to this Fund will reach charities helping more than 1.5 million Canadians living with vision loss access critical support services.
● Autism Community Support Fund – This Fund includes over 90 registered charities that are supporting and improving the quality of life for Canadians on the Autism spectrum and their families.
An Effective New Model for Engaging Donors
Cause Funds by CanadaHelps are already proving to be an effective new model for engaging donors. The COVID-19 Healthcare and Hospital Response Fund, COVID-19 Community Care Fund, and the Black Solidarity Fund have already raised millions to support charities across Canada. The two COVID-19 Funds were matched by the Gore Mutual Foundation for $1 million each; the Black Solidarity Fund was matched by P&G Canada for $1 million.
CanadaHelps has introduced 29 Cause Funds to date and plans to launch new Funds on an ongoing basis to address emerging crises and current events – with each falling under one of four categories: General Cause Funds, Community Support Funds, Curated Cause Funds, and Local Funds.
Founded in 2000, CanadaHelps is a registered charity dedicated to increasing charitable giving across Canada. The organization develops effective and affordable fundraising technology and provides free training and education so that regardless of size, all charities have the capacity to increase their impact and succeed in the digital age. For Canadians, CanadaHelps.org, provides a safe and trusted one stop destination for making donations, fundraising, or learning about any charity in Canada. Over 2.6 million Canadians have donated over $1.4 billion to charities using CanadaHelps. For additional information, visit CanadaHelps.org or connect with CanadaHelps on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.