DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Sukuk Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global sukuk market grew at a CAGR of around 8% during 2014-2019
A Sukuk is a financial certificate that is issued in Islamic countries for representing the share of ownership in a portfolio of existing or eligible assets. It provides the investor a proof of ownership in an underlying asset and various financial obligations while conducting trade and other commercial activities.
Islamic law prohibits the lending of money with interest payments, thereby forbidding the use of conventional bonds for financial transactions. As an alternative, Sukuk is used, which does not represent any debt obligation as the issuer uses the proceeds from the certificate to purchase an asset, of which the investor also receives partial ownership.
Rapid urbanization in the Middle Eastern countries is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, the diversification of investment patterns in emerging countries and increasing cross-border transactions, are also providing a boost to the market growth.
Also, various Islamic banking institutions are seeking strategic partnerships with foreign institutions to participate in trade with other countries. In line with this, the governments of these nations are establishing sophisticated Shariah-compliant financial institutions with innovative products and services, which is creating a positive outlook for the market.
Furthermore, the widespread adoption of online transaction models has encouraged financial institutions to invest in analytics that can offer better user experience and customized products to their customers. This, along with increasing investments by the governments of Islamic countries for infrastructural development and the digitization of financial services, is projected to drive the market further.
Looking forward, the report expects the global sukuk market to continue its moderate growth during the next five years.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global sukuk market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global sukuk market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sukuk type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the currency?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the issuer type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global sukuk industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
Scope of the Report
Breakup by Sukuk Type:
- Murabahah Sukuk
- Salam Sukuk
- Istisna Sukuk
- Ijarah Sukuk
- Musharakah Sukuk
- Mudarabah Sukuk
- Hybrid Sukuk
Breakup by Currency:
- Turkish Lira
- Indonesian Rupiah
- Saudi Riyal
- Kuwaiti Dinar
- Malaysian Ringgit
- United States Dollar
Breakup by Issuer Type:
- Financial Institutions
Breakup by Region:
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
- South East Asia
- Middle East and Africa (Excluding GCC Countries)
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank PJSC
- Al Baraka Banking Group
- Al-Rajhi Bank
- Banque Saudi Fransi
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- HSBC Holdings Plc
- Kuwait Finance House
- Malayan Banking Berhad
- Qatar International Islamic Bank
- RHB Bank Berhad
- Samba Financial Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wfmlqf