DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Small Electric Vehicle Market, by Battery Type (Nickel-Metal-Hydride & Lithium Ion), by Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Light Commercial Vehicle), by Technology (PHEV, BEV), by Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
In 2019, the Global Small Electric Vehicle Market stood around 2.2 million units and is forecast to grow at a double-digit CAGR to reach 3.2 million units by 2025.
Due to strict emission norms and emphasis by the governments of various countries on clean energy vehicles, the small electric vehicle market is increasing at a rapid pace across the globe. According to WHO, air pollution is the leading cause of deaths in countries with poor quality of air. As a result, governments of various countries are offering subsidies on the purchase of small electric vehicles. Furthermore, small electric vehicles have longer lifespan when compared with their diesel counterparts, which is anticipated to positively influence the growth of the small electric vehicle market during the forecasted period.
The Global Small Electric Vehicle Market can be classified on the basis of battery type, vehicle type, type of technology and by region. Based on the battery type, the market can be segmented into Lithium-ion and Nickel-Metal-Hydride. Lithium-ion segment accounted for the largest share and the segment is poised to grow at an impressive rate during the forecast period as well. In terms of vehicle type, the market has been segmented into Passenger car and Light Commercial Vehicle segments. Passenger car segment is dominating the small electric vehicle market, globally, and this trend is expected to continue over the course of next five years.
In terms of regional analysis, the market has been segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. Asia-Pacific is anticipated to continue as the largest regional market for small electric vehicles due to favorable government initiatives and support. Furthermore, increasing air pollution and reducing cost of batteries are positively influencing the growth of the market in the region. In Asia-Pacific, China dominated the market and the country's small electric vehicle market is poised to grow at an impressive rate in the coming years as well.
Major players operating in the Global Small Electric Vehicle Market include GM Group, Tesla Inc, Daimler AG, BMW AG, Hyundai Motor Company, among others.
The Objective of the Study:
- To assess the demand-supply scenario of small electric vehicle, which covers production, demand and supply of small electric vehicles, globally.
- To analyze and forecast the market size of small electric vehicle market.
- To classify and forecast the Global Small Electric Vehicle Market based on battery type, vehicle type, technology type, and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the Global Small Electric Vehicle Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the Global Small Electric Vehicle Market.
- To conduct the pricing analysis for small electric vehicle.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players involved in the manufacturing of the Global Small Electric Vehicle Market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Analyst View
4. Voice of Customers
4.1. Factors Influencing Purchase Decision
4.2. Aided Vs. Unaided Brand Recall
4.3. Brand Satisfaction Level
5. Global Small Electric Vehicle Market Outlook
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1.By Value & Volume
5.2. Market Share & Forecast
5.2.1.By Vehicle Type (Passenger Car Vs. Light Commercial Vehicle)
5.2.2.By Technology Type (Plug-in Electric Vehicle Vs. Battery Electric Vehicle)
5.2.3.By Battery Type (Lithium Ion Vs. Nickel-Metal-Hydride)
5.3. Market Attractiveness Index (By Vehicle Type)
5.4. Market Attractiveness Index (By Technology Type)
5.5. Market Attractiveness Index (By Region)
6. Asia-Pacific Small Electric Vehicle Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.3. Market Attractiveness Index (By Vehicle Type)
6.4. Market Attractiveness Index (By Technology Type)
6.5. Market Attractiveness Index (By Country)
6.6. Asia-Pacific Small Electric Vehicle Market Regional Analysis
7. Europe Small Electric Vehicle Market Outlook
8. North America Small Electric Vehicle Market Outlook
9. Market Dynamics
10. Market Trends & Developments
11. Competitive Landscape
11.1. BYD Company Limited
11.2. BMW AG
11.3. Toyota Motor Corporation
11.4. Ford Motor Company
11.5. Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Co. Ltd.
11.6. Audi AG
11.7. Tesla Inc.
11.8. Nissan Motor Corporation
11.9. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V.
11.10. General Motors Company
11.11. Hyundai Motor Company
11.12. Volkswagen AG
11.13. Renault SA
11.14. Beijing Automotive Group Co., Ltd
11.15. Zhidou Electric Vehicle Sales Co., Ltd
12. Strategic Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hfylzd