LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Technavio has been monitoring the shipbuilding market and it is poised to grow by USD 14.36 billion during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of almost 3% during the forecast period. The report offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current market scenario, latest trends and drivers, and the overall market environment.
Technavio suggests three forecast scenarios (optimistic, probable, and pessimistic) considering the impact of COVID-19. Please request Latest Free Sample Report on Covid-19 Impact
Frequently Asked Questions-
At what rate is the market projected to grow during the forecast period 2020-2024?
A. Growing at a CAGR of almost 3%, the market growth will accelerate in the forecast period.
What is the key factor driving the market?
A. Increasing seaborne trading.
Who are the top players in the market?
A. BAE Systems Plc, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. Ltd., Damen Shipyards Group, Fincantieri Spa, General Dynamics Corp., Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc., Hyundai Heavy Industries Holdings Co. Ltd., Oshima Shipbuilding Co. Ltd., Samsung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., and Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. are the key players in the market.
Which region is expected to hold the highest market share?
The market is concentrated, and the degree of concentration will accelerate during the forecast period. BAE Systems Plc, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. Ltd., Damen Shipyards Group, Fincantieri Spa, General Dynamics Corp., Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc., Hyundai Heavy Industries Holdings Co. Ltd., Oshima Shipbuilding Co. Ltd., Samsung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., and Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. are some of the major market participants. To make the most of the opportunities, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
Increasing seaborne trading has been instrumental in driving the growth of the market. However, fluctuations in raw material prices might hamper market growth.
Shipbuilding market 2020-2024: Segmentation
Shipbuilding market is segmented as below:
- South America
- North America
To learn more about the global trends impacting the future of market research, download a free sample: https://www.technavio.com/talk-to-us?report=IRTNTR41384
Shipbuilding market 2020-2024: Scope
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by the way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. Our shipbuilding market report covers the following areas:
- Shipbuilding market size
- Shipbuilding market trends
- Shipbuilding market industry analysis
This study identifies the growing number of passenger cruise as one of the prime reasons driving the shipbuilding market growth during the next few years.
Shipbuilding market 2020-2024: Vendor Analysis
We provide a detailed analysis of around 25 vendors operating in the shipbuilding market, including some of the vendors such as BAE Systems Plc, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. Ltd., Damen Shipyards Group, Fincantieri Spa, General Dynamics Corp., Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc., Hyundai Heavy Industries Holdings Co. Ltd., Oshima Shipbuilding Co. Ltd., Samsung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., and Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Backed with competitive intelligence and benchmarking, our research reports on the shipbuilding market are designed to provide entry support, customer profile and M&As as well as go-to-market strategy support.
Register for a free trial today and gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports. Technavio's SUBSCRIPTION platform
Shipbuilding market 2020-2024: Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will assist shipbuilding market growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the shipbuilding market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the shipbuilding market
- Analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of shipbuilding market vendors
Table of Contents:
- Market Overview
- Market ecosystem
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2019
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2019 - 2024
Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by Application
- Market segments
- Comparison by Application placement
- Commercial - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Defense - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Application
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- South America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- North America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity by geography
Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- Market drivers
- Volume driver - Demand led growth
- Volume driver - Supply led growth
- Volume driver - External factors
- Volume driver - Demand shift in adjacent markets
- Price driver - Inflation
- Price driver - Shift from lower to higher priced units
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Landscape disruption
- Vendors covered
- Market positioning of vendors
- BAE Systems Plc
- Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Damen Shipyards Group
- Fincantieri Spa
- General Dynamics Corp.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Oshima Shipbuilding Co. Ltd.
- Samsung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focus on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.