DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market by End-Use Industry, Component, Application and Marketing Channel: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global ultraviolet disinfection equipment market was valued at $1.3 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach $5.7 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 17.1% from 2020 to 2027.
Ultraviolet disinfection means killing or rendering harmful microorganisms in a dedicated environment. These microorganisms can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa. UV disinfection is used in air and water purification, sewage treatment, protection of food and beverages, and many other disinfection and sterilization applications. A major advantage of UV disinfection equipment is that it is capable of disinfecting water faster than chlorine without cumbersome retention tanks and harmful chemicals. UV disinfection equipment are also extremely cost efficient.
Awareness among consumers and governments about health hazards of conventional chemical-based disinfectants is the key driver for the market. In addition, time taken by UV disinfection equipment for a water tank is 10 seconds compared to chlorine-based disinfectant which takes 20 seconds for complete treatment of a water tank. Moreover, fast action, easy installation, low maintenance, and lower operating cost are anticipated to drive the growth of the market. This equipment is also preferable due to their environmentally friendly functioning. Rise in growth of healthcare and chemical industries is anticipated to provide growth opportunities for the UV disinfection equipment market. In addition, growing demand for UV-C led lamps for surface disinfection and air treatment amid COVID-19 pandemic outbreak is expected to drive the growth of the market.
However, factors such as low cost of conventional disinfectants as compared to UV lights are expected to hinder the growth of this market. In addition, Rise in growth of healthcare and chemical industry and growing adoption of far-UVC lamps for surface disinfection and air treatment is anticipated to provide lucrative opportunities in ultraviolet disinfection equipment market.
This market is segmented into end use industry, application, component, marketing channel, and region. Depending on end-use industry, it is classified into residential, commercial, and industrial. As per application, it is segregated into water treatment (municipal, residential, and commercial), wastewater treatment, air treatment (healthcare facilities, residential & commercial, and bio terror agents), food & beverage disinfection, and surface disinfection. Based on component, it classified into UV lamp, quartz sleeve, controller unit, reactor chamber, and others. Depending on marketing channel, it is divided into direct marketing and indirect marketing.
- The demand for UV disinfection equipment from the food and beverages industry is expected to surge during the COVID-19 outbreak for liquid sweetener disinfection, chlorine and ozone destruction, and surface disinfection.
- The demand for UV disinfection system from the healthcare industry is expected to surge during the pandemic due to growing need for surface disinfection in hospitals.
- The demand for UV disinfection equipment from commercial institutions is expected to surge post lockdown imposed due to COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. This is due to implementation of hygienic practices at offices and adoption of UV disinfection systems for surface sterilization.
- Porter's five forces analysis helps analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- It outlines the current trends and future scenario of the market from 2019 to 2027 to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- Major countries in the region have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The key drivers, restraints, and opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The profiles of key players along with their key strategic developments are enlisted in the report.
- Cost-Effectivity Compared to Other Disinfection Methods
- New Government Initiatives
- Rise in Concerns in Emerging Nations Regarding Safe Drinking Water
- Environmentally Suitable Disinfection System
- Advent of UV Led Saves Energy
- Growth in Demand for UV-C Led for Surface Disinfection and Air Treatment During the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Cost of Conventional Disinfectants is Low Compared to UV Lights
- Lack of Residual Ability of UV Disinfection Equipment
- Healthcare and Chemical Industries Offer Growth Opportunities in Air Treatment Applications
- Millennium Development Goals of the UN
- Halma Plc
- Xylem Inc
- Danaher Corporation
- Kuraray Co Ltd
- Severn Trent Plc
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- Australian Ultra Violet Services Pty Ltd
- American Ultraviolet
- Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation
- LIT Company
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/52i5kt