DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Plasma Therapy Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID-19 Growth and Change" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global plasma therapy market.
The global plasma therapy market is expected to grow from $187.67 million in 2019 to $246.95 million in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 31.6%. The growth is mainly attributed to the COVID-19 outbreak and the urgent need to treat a growing number of cases. The use of convalescent plasma collected from individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 is one investigational treatment being explored for COVID-19. The market is then expected to stabilize and grow at a CAGR of 5.7% to reach 291.6 million in 2023.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 12+ geographies.
- Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
North America was the largest region in the plasma therapy market in 2019.
The plasma therapy market covered in this report is segmented by type into pure PRP; leukocyte-rich PRP; pure platelet-rich fibrin (PRF); leukocyte-rich fibrin (L-PRF) and by application into orthopaedics; arthritis; chronic tendonitis; bone repair & regeneration; dermatology; androgenic alopecia; plastic surgery; dental; cardiac muscle injury; others.
The high cost of plasma therapy is expected to hinder the market. The major reason contributing to the high cost is due to the extraction and storage. The procedure of separating plasma and blood cells from the blood is called Plasmapheresis. The cost of plasmapheresis is approximately $5,000 to $10,000 in the United States. Average platelet-rich plasma orthopaedic treatment cost ranges from $350 to $1,050 for a single sitting and it may require 2 to 3 settings for the treatment to be effective. The high cost of plasma therapy hinders many patients to access the treatment thereby impacting the market negatively.
Convalescent plasma therapy, to treat patients suffering from COVID-19 is a leading trend in the plasma therapy market. Convalescent plasma is the plasma extracted from the individuals who have been cured of a particular viral infection, as they have antibodies that protect and make them immune to that particular organism. The convalescent plasma is transfused to the patient who is suffering from the viral infection to neutralize the viral infection and induce the active immune response to cure the infection. Convalescent plasma therapy is found to be a safe treatment to cure the patients infected with the coronavirus.
The rising prevalence of osteoarthritis is expected to drive the plasma therapy market during the forecast period. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP), a type of plasma therapy, is considered a safe and efficient treatment for osteoarthritis. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a concentrated autologous blood growth factor, which is injected on to the joint to provide symptomatic relief by decreasing the inflammation and slows the progression of osteoarthritis.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Plasma Therapy Market Characteristics
3. Plasma Therapy Market Size And Growth
3.1. Global Plasma Therapy Historic Market, 2015 - 2019, $ Billion
3.1.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.1.2. Restraints On The Market
3.2. Global Plasma Therapy Forecast Market, 2019 - 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
3.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.2.2. Restraints On the Market
4. Plasma Therapy Market Segmentation
4.1. Global Plasma Therapy Market, Segmentation By Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
4.2. Global Plasma Therapy Market, Segmentation By Application, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5. Plasma Therapy Market Regional And Country Analysis
5.1. Global Plasma Therapy Market, Split By Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5.2. Global Plasma Therapy Market, Split By Country, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Bio Products Laboratory Ltd.
- Arthrex Inc.
- Biotest AG
- China Biologic Products Holdings Inc.
- DePuy Synthes Companies
- CSL Limited
- Grifols S.A.
- Terumo BCT Inc
- Cambryn Biologics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/256uah