DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Industrial Gloves Market Usability, End-User and Reusable, Protection and End-User: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global industrial gloves market was valued at $6.9 billion in 2019, and is projected to reach $14.8 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 10.4% from 2020 to 2027.
Industrial gloves are used as personal protective equipment in various industries such as automotive, food, and healthcare, to ensure worker's safety and maintain sanitary conditions at work places. These gloves help to avoid cross contamination and exposure to particulate matter during the manufacturing process across various industries. The industrial gloves can be disposable as well as reusable on the basis of requirement of specific work environment.
The reusable gloves are generally thicker and are used in a harsher work environment, whereas the disposable gloves are usually used in product protection and milder work environment. Due to the harsh work environment the threat of injury to the hands of the workers has been increased significantly, thus creating an impending need for industrial gloves. Industrial gloves including reusable and disposable gloves have addressed this need as they offer hand protection and product protection, respectively.
The increase in awareness about work safety, rise in variety of threats to the personnel, rapid developments in the food processing industry, and a rise in demand for high dexterity gloves, are some of the key factors that drive the growth of the global industrial gloves market during the forecast period. In addition, the outbreak of epidemics such as swine flu, resulting in increased use of gloves in product protection applications significantly fosters the growth of the industrial gloves market.
However, factors restraining the market growth include availability of local & inexpensive gloves and lack of awareness regarding usage of industrial gloves. The implementation of innovated technologies is expected to offer better growth prospects for the growth of the industrial glove market in the future.
- The demand for industrial gloves across China and India is expected to increase as COVID-19 pandemic is receding slowly in these countries and the government is now lifting the lockdown to start the industrial activities.
- Polyethylene disposable gloves are used in grocery retail stores to handle the grocery items and to avoid physical contact with the customers. The demand for polyethylene disposable gloves is expected to increase significantly during the lockdown as governments of various countries has allowed small and medium grocery retailers to continue their businesses and have kept them under the essential services category.
- The demand for disposable industrial gloves from the food industry is expected to increase considerably as governments of many countries has put food industry under the essential services category. The demand for disposable gloves will continue to grow even after the restrictions are lifted.
- The pharmaceutical industry is expected to boom significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic as huge investments have been made by the governments of both developed and developing countries to develop vaccines for COVID-19. This is also expected to surge the demand for disposable gloves to be used while manufacturing of medicines to avoid cross contamination, and to be used by the researchers working on developing the vaccines.
- The Asia-Pacific industrial glove market is projected to grow the highest CAGR of nearly 11.8%, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period.
- The disposable glove of usability segment is anticipated to witness moderate growth rate of 10.9%, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period.
- Industrial gloves market share of North America in 2019 is 39.2%, in terms of revenue.
- The reusable gloves segment is anticipated to witness moderate growth rate of 9.6%, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period.
- Safety Regulations and Rules
- Increasing Demand for Superior Performance and Comfort
- Growing Healthcare and Food Processing Industries
- Availability of Local and Inexpensive Products
- Lack of Awareness Regarding Usage of Industrial Gloves
Implementation of Innovated Technologies
- Top Glove Corporation Berhad
- Hartalega Holdings
- Kossan Rubber Industries Bhd
- Riverstone Holdings Limited
- Careplus Group Berhad
- Supermax Corp.
- Ansell Healthcare
- SHOWA Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
Semperit AG Holding
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wq9fcb