DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global DNA Methylation Market: Focus on Products, Technologies, Applications, End Users, Country Data (14 Countries), and Competitive Landscape - Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
DNA methylation is a heritable epigenetic marker which involves the covalent transfer of a methyl group to the C-5 position of the cytosine ring of DNA by enzymes known as DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs). In humans, DNA methylation occurs primarily at cytosines in any context of the genome. More than 98% of DNA methylation occurs in a CpG dinucleotide context in somatic cells.
The current DNA methylation market is mainly dominated by several diagnostic majors, such as Exact Sciences Corporation, Illumina, Inc., QIAGEN N.V., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., which offer a wide variety of diagnostics and research-based products for the detection of DNA methylation in genomes.
These products are generally based on technologies, such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR), microarrays, and sequencing, including both traditional and next-generation sequencing. The underlying utility of diagnostic testing for DNA methylation is based on the identification of clinically actionable genetic function, which provides crucial information on diagnosis, prognosis, and theranostics of genetic disorders and thereby facilitates clinical work-up, treatment management, and therapeutic selection.
The existing market of DNA methylation is favored by multiple factors, which include a global increase in cancer prevalence and declining costs and increasing output of sequencing. In addition, an increasing number of product approvals and launches pertaining to the global DNA methylation market will provide a lucrative growth for this market. Moreover, increasing the use of early-stage biomarkers in cancer profiling is the key driving factor for the market.
Government funding is also one of the major growth factors for the DNA methylation market because increasing funding by the government is expected to facilitate research institutes and key players to develop, as well as market novel assays useful for the diagnosis of several tumors. Increasing funding will lead to the liquidity of the cancer profiling market, and thus, companies will develop various testing options to identify the underlying mutations that serve as a possible cause for the disease. All these factors are, therefore, expected to contribute to the market growth during the forecast period.
Within the research report, the market is segmented on the basis of product type, technology, application, end-user, and region, which highlight value propositions and business models useful for industry leaders and stakeholders. The research also comprises country-level analysis, go-to-market strategies of leading players, future opportunities, among others, to detail the scope and provide 360-degree coverage of the domain.
- Global Increase in Cancer Prevalence
- Increasing Government Funding for Healthcare
- Declining Costs and Increasing Output of Sequencing
- High Cost of Instrument
- Lack of High-Complexity Testing Centers and Skilled Professionals in High-Growth Regions
- Low Adoption in Diagnostic Applications
- Growing Trend of Methylome Sequencing for Precision Medicine
- Advancing Technological Developments for Methylome Sequencing
- Growth in Non-Oncology Applications of DNA Methylation
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in, and their respective impacts on the global DNA methylation market?
- What are the key development strategies which are implemented by the major players in order to sustain in the competitive market?
- Which is the dominant product type developed by the leading and emerging players for the global DNA methylation market?
- What are the key technologies that have been used by leading players in the global DNA methylation market?
- How each segment of the market is expected to grow during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030 based on:
- Which companies are anticipated to be highly disruptive in the future, and why?
- What are the key application areas for DNA methylation in 2020, and which application areas are expected to witness growth in the forecast period?
- Abcam plc
- Active Motif, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Diagenode Diagnostics S.A.
- EpiGentek Group Inc.
- Exact Sciences Corporation
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- New England Biolabs, Inc.
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Zymo Research Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7sxobo