SCHAUMBURG, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Technology has the potential to level the most uneven playing fields and better the world. To achieve this, however, tech must be accessible to all—regardless of gender, race or age. Global technology association ISACA has launched a philanthropic foundation, One In Tech, to address inequity in IT through responsive, relevant programs designed to support under-resourced, under-represented populations.
Supported by ISACA but operating independently, the One In Tech foundation will work to build a healthy digital world that is safe, secure and equal. Its leading priorities include preparing the next generation to be healthy digital citizens, building avenues to achieve a workforce free of gender bias, and creating pathways for a racially and culturally diverse workforce.
“ISACA is committed to serving not only our members around the world, but also to being a force for positive change within the greater global tech community,” said ISACA CEO David Samuelson. “As part of that commitment, One In Tech and ISACA will work to expand access to technology resources and career opportunities. ISACA’s purpose is to help individuals and enterprises realize the positive potential of technology, and through the work of One In Tech, we will make that potential more equitable and achievable.”
With the objective of advancing diversity and equality in technology, One In Tech will focus on three key programs:
- Young Leaders in Tech will offer programming for young people in grades K-12. Through this program, One In Tech will educate underserved and underrepresented students about the use of technology and the security required to ensure safety and privacy. The program will also introduce and provide guidance on career exploration to encourage students to pursue the cybersecurity field.
- SheLeadsTech, the Foundation’s current core program, focuses on building gender diversity in the cybersecurity field. Women are historically and currently underrepresented in the field, often to the detriment of corporate advances and revenue growth. SheLeadsTech provides resources, networking, mentorships, advocacy, educational events and other services to support and empower women to participate and lead in cybersecurity careers.
- WeLeadTech focuses on minority populations who are often marginalized and face barriers entering and advancing within the cybersecurity career pipeline. Through resources and programs, many of which collaborate with ISACA’s certification programs and top companies around the world, the Foundation will open opportunities and provide support for entering and advancing into these careers.
To advance these initiatives, One In Tech will engage in partnerships with various organizations, including community groups, schools and after-school programs, colleges and universities, corporations, and other collaborators who share the vision of diversity and equality in technology.
“It is so important to increase visibility around these issues of inequity in tech and to take real action to expand access and opportunities,” said One In Tech Board Chair Gail Coury. “Together with private and public partners around the world, One in Tech will help drive meaningful progress for those who are underrepresented.”
One In Tech has a board of directors to drive the vision and strategy for the foundation, including:
- Board Chair Gail Coury, CISA, CISM, vice president and general manager, Silverline, F5 Networks
- Board Director Marios Damianides, CISA, CISM, partner, northeast region cybersecurity leader, EY
- Board Director Deb DeVries, Co-Founder and President at Girls Thinking Global
- Board Director Chris Moschovitis, CSX-P, CISM, CGEIT, chairman, CEO, tmg-emedia
- Board Director Dev Patel, Vice President, Go to Market Strategy and Cloud Services, Oracle Advanced Customer Services
- Board Director Jermaine Stanley, CISA, Federal IT Risk Advisory and Cybersecurity, Deloitte, and board member for the ISACA Greater Washington DC Chapter
- Board Director Ariel Weintraub, Head of Security Operations & Engineering at MassMutual
- Board Director Leroy Yau, CISA, partner, 43 Ventures and Everiii
- Board Director David Samuelson, CEO ISACA
On 4 August and 12 August, One In Tech will host free virtual launch parties introducing the foundation’s work and outlining opportunities for interested individuals to join the movement. The events will feature a Q&A session and allow for participant feedback. To learn more, visit www.oneintech.org.
For more information about One In Tech, including how to apply for a grant, make a donation or get involved, visit: www.oneintech.org.
For more than 50 years, ISACA® (www.isaca.org) has equipped individuals with knowledge, credentials, education and community to progress their careers and transform their organizations, and enabled enterprises to train and build quality teams. ISACA is a global professional association and learning organization that leverages the expertise of its 145,000 members who work in information security, governance, assurance, risk and privacy to drive innovation through technology. It has a presence in 188 countries, including 223 chapters worldwide.