NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs, have led the recovery on Wall Street in the months following the coronavirus pandemic. Looking ahead, IPO Edge will host a virtual forum with leading market participants and advisors to discuss the role of SPACs for investors and companies planning public listings. The approximately 90-minute event will be held Thursday, July 23, at 3:00 p.m. EDT. To register for the SPAC Forum please click here.
The panel will cover the following topics:
- SPACs as an alternative to traditional IPOs
- The acceleration of SPAC M&A activity
- The role of investment banks in both SPAC IPOs and M&A
- Technology companies seeking public listing
- PIPEs and debt to support SPAC transactions
Panel participants will include experts in IPO planning and execution:
- Jeffrey Smith, Partner in Sidley Austin LLP’s M&A and Private Equity practice
- Olympia McNerney, Managing Director, Head of US SPACs, The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- Eli Baker, Partner at Eagle Equity Partners, President at Flying Eagle Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: FEAC), President of Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp. (SPAC sponsor of DraftKings Inc. [NASDAQ: DKNG])
- Karen Snow, Senior Vice President, Head of East Coast Listings & Capital Services, Nasdaq
- Don Duffy, President, ICR
- John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief, IPO Edge
About Sidley Austin LLP
More than 150 years after the founding of our firm, Sidley today comprises a diverse group of legal professionals from many cultures who are dedicated to teamwork, collaboration and superior client service. Forging enduring relationships with the business community, while remaining attuned to the dynamic legal landscape, we understand and work to fulfill the needs of our global clients. We are proud to serve this varied and high-caliber group of market leaders, many of whom are pioneers in their respective industries and professions. Learn more at www.sidley.com.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a global technology company serving the capital markets and other industries. Our diverse offering of data, analytics, software and services enables clients to optimize and execute their business vision with confidence. To learn more about the company, technology solutions and career opportunities, visit us on LinkedIn, on Twitter @Nasdaq, or at www.nasdaq.com.
Established in 1998, ICR partners with its clients to execute strategic communications and advisory programs that achieve business goals, build awareness and credibility, and enhance long-term enterprise value. The firm’s highly-differentiated service model, which pairs capital markets veterans with senior communications professionals, brings deep sector knowledge and relationships to more than 750 clients in approximately 20 industries. ICR’s healthcare practice operates under the Westwicke brand (www.westwicke.com). Today, ICR is one of the largest and most experienced independent communications and advisory firms in North America, maintaining offices in New York, Norwalk, Boston, Baltimore, San Francisco, San Diego and Beijing. Learn more at www.icrinc.com. Follow us on Twitter at @ICRPR.
About IPO Edge
IPO Edge is dedicated to objective journalism as a means to deliver the clearest news and analysis of new and upcoming initial public offerings. In an era when misinformation is rampant, we aspire to distinguish between truth and falsehood, along with opportunity and risk.