SAN RAMON, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--xMatters (www.xmatters.com), a digital service availability platform that prevents technology issues from becoming business problems, today announced new product advancements that provide DevOps teams comprehensive insights into incidents and their triggering events to better support post-mortem reporting and automate resolution. New xMatters platform features available today include dynamic event traffic and group performance dashboard widgets, the ability to view and export detailed context of incident response activities, and enhanced ChatOps integrations and automations with Microsoft Teams and Slack. xMatters is also adding new DevOps steps to its visual workflow builder, Flow Designer, to better support inbound triggers coming from Splunk, as well as enhancements that empower developers to more efficiently build projects in Jenkins, either on premises or in the cloud.
The pandemic has impacted the day-to-day productivity of technology practitioners and underscored the importance of incident response and management to keep digital services up and running. According to a recent xMatters survey, 88.4% of technology practitioners reported that they’ve seen a rise in the use of their company's digital services offerings and 50.3% said their environments are now more complex.
“For our customers, digital business is their lifeblood and when that business is interrupted, every second counts. This is more important as the pandemic-imposed way of working and doing business continues to place pressure on technical teams to respond quickly and keep digital services running,” said Troy McAlpin, CEO at xMatters. “Advances in xMatters analytics and automation provide the insights needed to seamlessly deliver uninterrupted customer experiences. Unlike other solutions that offer this as an add-on, these capabilities are baked into our platform and available to all customers today.”
New xMatters platform capabilities enable DevOps teams to easily understand the cause and impact of incidents in their environment and respond faster to reach a resolution. xMatters includes reporting and analytics in the fabric of its platform and is making it available to subscribers at all tiers to promote continuous learning. New features include:
- Dynamic event traffic and group performance dashboard widgets identify hotspots in service architecture and efficiency challenges in the incident response and management process to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Comprehensive incident response reports provide detailed context of all event activity, including who was on-call, who responded and play-by-play comments for more in-depth analysis in post-mortems.
- Enhanced ChatOps integrations and automations with Microsoft Teams and Slack to automate standard incident response tasks.
- New automated steps in xMatters visual workflow builder, Flow Designer, easily initiate DevOps workflows from Splunk signals and more efficiently use Jenkins for rollbacks, failovers and other essential tasks, on premises or in the cloud.
- New powerful search filters and views quickly find configuration issues with on-call users, groups and dynamic teams.
- Added mobile support for Android improves shift visibility, event management and collaboration for on-call teams from anywhere, on any device.
All new features announced today are available immediately at xMatters.com.
xMatters is a digital service availability platform that helps enterprises prevent, manage and resolve IT incidents. From the Global 2000 to small workgroups and innovative DevOps teams, organizations around the world rely on xMatters to maintain operational visibility and control in highly complex IT environments. By providing toolchain integrations with hundreds of IT management, security and DevOps applications, xMatters allows organizations to automate key processes and streamline workflows. xMatters is trusted by leading global companies including BMC Software, Credit Suisse, Danske Bank, DXC technology, Experian, NVIDIA, ViaSat and Vodafone. xMatters is headquartered in San Ramon, California and has offices worldwide. For more information, please visit www.xMatters.com.