DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Hiking Gear & Equipment Market by Product Type, Customer Profile and Distribution Channel: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The hiking gear & equipment market size was valued at $20,652.6 million in 2018, and is projected to reach $28,789.7 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.2% from 2019 to 2026.
The gear and equipment segment was the highest contributor to the market, with $8,772.0 million in 2018, and is estimated to reach $12,081.1 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.0% during the forecast period.
Hiking gear & equipment are a set of items that are used by people who go on the outdoor activity called hiking. Hiking is a trail sport primarily done by people for leisure, to improve health or to unwind and break the monotony of daily life. Hiking is one of the most preferred activities in the U.S. after jogging and cycling. The industry is entering into a maturity stage and has had a steady growth in the last few decades.
The growth of the hiking gear & equipment market can be attributed to rise in popularity of outdoor activities among people all around the world. Moreover, busy and hectic lifestyles coupled with increased instances of people choosing outdoor activities such as adventure sports and outings to unwind or break the monotony of their daily life, paves the way for the hiking gear & equipment market growth. Furthermore, an increase in adventure travel and a rise in the number of agencies organizing hiking tours drives the growth of the market worldwide. However, the potential risk and uncertain conditions in hiking majorly restrains the market. On the contrary, increase in influence of social media and video logging is expected to provide opportunities for growth for the global market.
The players in the hiking gear & equipment industry have adopted product launches as their key development strategy to increase profitability, and to improve their stance in the hiking gear & equipment market share. The key players have also relied on business expansion to stay relevant in the market. The key players profiled in the report include The North Face, Marmont, Mountain, Black Diamond, Arc'teryx, Marmot, Mountain Hardwear, Kelty, MontBell, AMG Group, and Big Agnes.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current hiking gear & equipment market trends, estimations, and dynamics of the market size from 2018 to 2026 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of the buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis and the market size and segmentation assists in determining the prevailing hiking gear & equipment market opportunities.
- The major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the market.
- The market player positioning segment facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players in the industry.
- The hiking gear & equipment market was valued at $20,652.6 million in 2018 and is estimated to reach $28,789.7 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% through the forecast period.
- Based on product type, the gear & equipment segment is expected to witness the fastest growth, registering a CAGR of 4.0% during the forecast period.
- By customer profile, the men segment held the highest share in 2018, accounting for nearly half of the global market share.
- By distribution channel, the online segment was the most prominent market in 2018 and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR throughout the forecast period.
- U.S. was the dominant country in 2018, accounting for a considerable share in the global market.
Key Topics Covered:
2: Executive Summary
3: Market Landscape
3.1. Market Definition and Scope
3.2. Key Findings
3.2.1. Top Investment Pockets
3.2.2. Top Winning Strategies
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Market Share Analysis/Top Player Positioning
3.5. Market Dynamics
4: Hiking Gear and Equipment Market by Product Type
4.2. Gear and Equipment
5: Hiking Gear and Equipment Market by Customer Profile
6: Hiking Gear and Equipment Market by Distribution Channel
6.3. Physical Stores
7: Hiking Gear and Equipment Market by Region
7.2. North America
8: Company Profiles
8.1. The North Face
8.2. Marmont Mountain
8.3. Black Diamond
8.6. Mountain Hardwear
8.9. AMG Group
8.10. Big Agnes
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/exlpf3