DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Sciatica - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2030" drug pipelines has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Sciatica, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Sciatica market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Sciatica market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted 7MM Sciatica market size from 2017 to 2030. The report also covers current Sciatica treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Sciatica is a pain in the lower extremity resulting from irritation of the sciatic nerve. The pain of Sciatica is typically felt from the low-back (lumbar area) to behind the thigh and can radiate down below the knee. The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body and begins from nerve roots in the lumbar spinal cord in the low back and extends through the buttock area to send nerve endings down the lower limb. Radiculopathy is sometimes referred to as sciatic nerve pain. Sciatica is an unbearable condition in which the patient experiences pain and/or paresthesia in the supply of the sciatic nerve or linked lumbosacral nerve root. Sciatica is a specific pain that is a direct result of sciatic nerve or sciatic nerve root pathology. The term sciatica is limited to the pain and irritation in nerve roots from L1 to L4 and may also involve related areas. Many times patients and clinicians use Sciatica to describe any pain arising from the lower back and radiating down to the leg.
Sciatica is mainly diagnosed by history taking and physical examination. By definition, patients mention burning pain in the leg. The patient is asked to report the distribution of the pain and whether it radiates below the knee and to draw or mark the area which may be used to evaluate the distribution. Sciatica is characterized by radiating pain that follows a dermatomal pattern. Patients may also report sensory symptoms.
Physical examination largely depends on neurological testing. The most applied investigation is the straight leg raising test or Lasgue's sign. Patients with Sciatica may also have slight back pain, but this is usually less severe than the leg pain. The diagnostic value of patient history and physical examination has not been well studied. No history examination or physical tests have both high sensitivity and high specificity. The sensitivity of the straight leg raising test is estimated to be very high with a corresponding specificity of being low. A thorough differential list is important in considering a diagnosis of Sciatica and should include- Herniated lumbosacral disc, muscle spasm, nerve root impingement, piriformis syndrome and others.
- Sciatica market is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 4.57% for the study period 2017-2030.
- The United States accounted for more than half (59.75%) of the market share in the 7MM.
- SP-102 is projected to lead the market with the largest market share in 2030.
- Japan accounts for the second-highest market share (15.79%) in the 7MM.
- In the coming years, sciatica market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence sciatica R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Sciatica. Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the sciatica market.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (phase III and phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key competitors, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Insights
2 Executive Summary
3 SWOT Analysis
4 Sciatica Market Overview at a Glance
4.1 Market Share (%) Distribution of Sciatica in 2017
4.2 Market Share (%) Distribution of Sciatica in 2030
5 Disease Background and Overview: Sciatica
5.2 Difference between Sciatica and Lower Back Pain
5.3 Symptoms of Sciatica
5.4 Causes of Sciatica
5.5 Pathophysiology of disk-related sciatica
5.6 Pathophysiological Mechanisms in Radicular Pain
5.8 Biomarkers for Sciatica
5.9 Diagnosis of sciatica
5.10 Differential Diagnosis
5.11 Clinical Guidelines for the Diagnosis for Sciatica
5.12 Diagnostic algorithm
5.13 Prevention of sciatica
6 Recognized Establishments
8 The American College of Physicians (ACP) Guidelines for the Treatment of Low Back Pain
9 The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Treatment Guidelines
10 Epidemiology and Patient Population
10.1 Key Findings
10.2 Epidemiology Methodology
10.3 7MM Total Prevalent Population of Sciatica
11 Country Wise-Epidemiology of Sciatica
11.1 United States
11.2 EU5 Countries
11.7 United Kingdom
12 Unmet Needs
13 Emerging Drugs
14 Sciatica: Seven Major Market Analysis
14.1 Key Findings
14.2 Market Methodology
15 Attribute Analysis
16 Key Market Assumptions
17 Case Reports
17.1 Lumbar radicular symptoms in a 24-year-old male
17.1 Physical therapy rehabilitation for lumbar radiculopathy: A case report
17.3 Spinal endoscopy for delayed-onset lumbar radiculopathy resulting from foraminal stenosis after osteoporotic vertebral fracture: A case report of a new surgical strategy
18 Market Drivers
19 Market Barriers
21 Publisher Capabilities
23 About the Publisher
- Scilex Holding Company
- Seikagaku Corporation
- Sollis Therapeutics
- Kolon Life Science
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/e1otmv