DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Green and Bio-based Solvents Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for green and bio-based solvents is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 7% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are stringent regulation on VOC emissions and other hazardous air pollutants and increasing market penetration of bio-based and green solvents in asia-pacific.
Key Market Trends
Paints and Coatings Segment to Dominate the Market
- Paints and coatings segment holds the largest share of the global green and bio-based solvents market.
- Lactate esters solvents are commonly used green solvents in the paints and coatings industry and particularly ethyl lactate is a fascinating solvent for the coatings industry as it is successfully replaced solvents, like NMP, toluene, acetone, and xylene.
- Furthermore, the global paints and coatings market is growing at a healthy rate, majorly owing to the increasing housing construction activities in the region such as Asia-Pacific, North America, Middle East & Africa, among others.
- Furthermore, with the increasing housing construction, population, and income-levels in countries, such as India, China, Mexico and Brazil, the demand for paints and coatings is increasing at a healthy rate.
- The significantly growing paints and the coatings are instrumental in fuelling the growth of green and bio-based solvents in the coming future.
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Region
- Asia-Pacific represents the market with the highest growth owing to the immense demand from the paints & coatings, agrochemical solutions, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and other applications in the countries, like China.
- China is one of the fastest-growing economies globally and almost all the end-user industries are growing, owing to the rising population, living standards, and per capita income. It is the most populated country in the world, with high availability of skilled labor. The country's geographical location provides easy access to the industrial goods markets, which makes it a major access point for manufacturers and suppliers.
- The majorly used feedstock for the production of bioethanol in China is cassava followed by corn. Apart from this, China also uses wheat, sorghum, and rice to produce bioethanol.
Furthermore, the cosmetic sector of the country is growing at a rapid pace. The country's domestic cosmetics brands are performing very well as a result of their expansion into second- and third-tier markets. They have also been vigorously developing online sales and boosting advertising on new-media platforms, such as WeChat and Weibo, to raise brand recognition.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Stringent Regulation on VOC Emissions and Other Hazardous Air Pollutants
4.1.2 Increasing Market Penetration of Bio-based and Green Solvents in Asia-Pacific
4.2.1 Cost and Availability of New Technologies
4.2.2 High Production Cost and Uncertainty Regarding Feedstock Supplies
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Technological Snapshot
4.6 Patent Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
188.8.131.52 Bio-based Propylene Glycol
184.108.40.206 Bio-based Ethylene Glycol
5.1.4 Ethyl Lactate
5.1.6 Methyl Soyate
5.1.7 Other Types
5.2.1 Paints and Coatings
5.2.2 Industrial and Domestic Cleaning
5.2.3 Printing Inks
5.2.4 Adhesives and Sealants
5.2.8 Other Applications
5.3.2 North America
5.3.4 South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
6.4.2 Bio Brands LLC
6.4.3 BioAmber Inc
6.4.4 Cargill Incorporated
6.4.5 Corbion NV
6.4.6 Cremer Oleo GmbH & Co. Kg
6.4.8 Elevance Renewable Sciences Inc.
6.4.9 Florachem Corporation
6.4.10 Florida Chemical Company
6.4.12 Gemtek Products
6.4.14 LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV
6.4.15 Vertec BioSolvents
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Transition of Petrochemical and Fuel Products toward Renewable Resources
7.2 Increasing Government Support for Research of Green and Bio-based Solvents
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ggop1e