DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Sodium Silicate Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for water-based alkyd coatings is expected to grow at a CAGR more than 4% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market studied is increasing demand in wastepaper recycling. On the flipside, hazardous effects of sodium silicate is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
The development of degradable sodium silicate composites for low-dose drug delivery systems is likely to act as an opportunity for the market.
Precipitated Silica dominated the market with a significant share and is expected to witness a healthy growth rate during the forecast period. Asia-Pacific dominated the market and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
- Alumina DOO
- BASF SE
- C THAI GROUP
- CIECH Group
- Evonik Industries AG
- FUJI SILYSIA CHEMICAL LTD
- Kiran Global Chem Limited
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- PPG Industries, Inc
- PQ Corporation
- Silmaco NV
- W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn.
Key Market Trends
Detergents Segments to Witness Healthy Demand
- Sodium silicate is a colorless compound of silica and oxides of sodium. It is used in soaps, detergents, and in the making of silica gel. It is used as a binder, cement, and filler. It is also used wall coating in concrete as a sealant, fireproofing material, and adhesive.
- Many detergent operations are performed using sodium silicates, such as metal cleaning, textile processing, laundering, and de-inking paper, in order to wash dishes, dairy equipment, bottles, floors, and locomotives.
- For instance, in the textile industry, sodium silicates are used with bleaches, soaps, wetting agents, synthetic detergents, and other alkalies in operations, such as cleaning and finishing, kier boiling, wool scouring, bleaching, and degumming. While many new detergent products have since been introduced, sodium silicates still perform the same functions in these new products.
United States to Dominate the North America Region
- North America is a major industrialized region that houses multiple industries in heavy-, medium-, and small-scale categories. The North American sodium silicate industry is expected to experience growth on account of high product demand in mining, water treatment, and agriculture applications in the United States.
- The United States is one of the largest consumers of water, worldwide, and has a consumption volume of 160 gallons of per capita consumption. About 80% of the US wastewater treatment industry is owned and managed publicly. This poses as a potential driver for the sodium silicate market, as sodium silicate is extensively used in water treatment, since its approval as a drinking water additive for human consumption, by FDA and EPA.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand in Waste Paper Recycling
4.1.2 Rising Demand from the Construction Sector
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Import and Export Trends
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Precipitated Silica
5.1.3 Paper Production
5.1.5 Other Applications
5.2.2 North America
5.2.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/brqtm8