The Morocco Total Hospital & Medical Installed Base Mapping report was updated in 2020 and includes over 534 hospitals from the country with their health infrastructure detailed out.
Despite the COVID-19 scenario, Morocco's Improved Political Will and a Substantial Rise in Health Budget 2020 could aid growth of select medical devices
While it's case count of COVID-19 patients has been relatively low in the region, Morocco has been proactive towards taking adequate measures to deal with the pandemic. The country is estimated to have less than 1400 mid-to-high acuity /critical care beds. With the government's recent announcement, it is likely that the total number of ICU beds in Morocco would reach 3,000 in the next couple of years.
As of 2020, there were over 534 hospitals in Morocco. Currently, 33 hospitals in the country are equipped to provide tertiary care services, with more expected to scale up in the next 2-3 years. Morocco's healthcare budget for 2020 was also substantially increased by $1.3 Billion - earmarked for infrastructure build-up in terms of personnel and equipment. With the allocation of $175 Million being announced for its health insurance system - RAMED, a higher number of Moroccan citizens are likely to benefit from medical insurance coverage.
According to the HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence for Morocco, these investments by the Government, coupled with the increasing purchasing power of the nation are expected to accelerate the total number of hospitals scaling up from secondary to tertiary care services.
In the immediate term, the segment represented by 33 tertiary care hospitals is expected to drive revenue growth for medical equipment manufacturers. For the next 3-4 years, growth could potentially be driven by the 108 secondary care hospitals in the country, that account for 45% of overall high acuity / ICU beds. In short term, construction of new hospitals with focus on isolating and treating patients in preparation of pandemics could aid growth of low-acuity mechanical ventilators, PPE kits, rapid diagnostic test kits and hospital consumables.
HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence for Morocco is a tool that allows users to understand in-depth the account-level statistics in terms of personnel, medical equipment installed base, and departmental maturity. An invaluable dataset that will enable deeper analysis into sales and marketing plans that target hospitals. For example, data from the report shows, that the current functional hospitals in the country are supported by about 50 Cath Labs - indicating a major opportunity area for medical equipment manufacturers.
The report provides account-level directional details on total beds, ICU beds, ORs, ventilators, incubators, etc., along with Anaesthesia Machines, C-Arms, Cath Labs, PET/CT, SPECT, CT, MRI scanners, Ultrasound and X-Ray machines, making it the only source of hospital-level intelligence for medical equipment installed base in Morocco. This dataset is a valuable tool for any organization that is in the process of optimizing sales targets, estimating market potential or building an account management plan in Morocco.
The report is a craftily designed dataset that provides a graphical summary of the health infrastructure in the country apart from an account-level view of resources, directional information on medical device installed base, hospital demographic and care services. The report commits itself as a tool to understand, visualize, and identify opportunity pockets at the hospital-level for medical devices manufacturers, and digital healthcare companies.
1. Visualize and Map the Total Installed Base of the Country by Hospital
- Monitoring & Access: ECG Machines, Holter monitors, Patient monitors, Ventilators, Anaesthesia machines, Stress Testing Machines
- Surgical: C-Arms
- Cardio: Echo, Cath Labs
- Diagnostic Imaging: PET-CT, SPECT, CT Scanners, MRI Scanners, Ultrasound, X-Ray Machines, Mammography machines
- Infant Care: Incubators, Radiant Warmers, Fetal monitors, Phototherapy Units, Infant Ventilators
2. Generate Targeted Leads Based on Current Care Area Focus of a Hospital
- 12 care areas tracked for each hospital
- General Medicine, Gyn/Obs, Neurology, Internal Medicine, ER/Trauma, Pulmonology, GI, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Ortho and Nuclear Medicine included in the report
3. Visualize the Current Health Resource Status of a Hospital
- Total number of doctors by hospital
- Total number of Radiologists by hospital
- Total number of Cardiologists by hospital
- Total number of internal medicine physicians by hospital
- Surgeons, neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons by hospital
4. Comprehend Medical Services Potential Using Bed and Operating Rooms Data
- Total bed size of a hospital
- Number of ICU beds by hospital
- Number of NICU, PICU beds by hospital
- Number of Major and Minor Operating Rooms available per hospital
- Total number of outpatient visits per hospital where available
- Total number of inpatient visits per hospital where available
5. Understand and Identify Types of Hospitals
- Hospitals by ownership type - public and private, corporate and missionary
- Assess and differentiate based on size of hospital - Specialised, general, local, military, private hospitals and private clinics
- Chart and map based on level of care - Primary, secondary and tertiary care
6. Create Opportunity Heat Maps
- 535 hospitals in Morocco listed by city, region, latitude and longitude and Zip Code
- Contact numbers available for 75% of the hospitals
- Website links mentioned for hospital where available
7. Estimate Medical Device Penetration and Potential in the Country
- Draeger Medical
- GE Healthcare
- Philips Healthcare
- Siemens Healthineers
- Toshiba (Canon Medical Systems)
- Hitachi Medical Systems
- Esaote S.p.A.
- Fujifilm Medical Systems
- Hologic Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dsy1oq