DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Screw Compressors Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The screw compressors market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 3% during the period of 2020-2025.
The increasing usage of natural gas, globally, has been driving the demand for the screw compressors market over the study period. However, the global slowdown of industrial sector over the recent period, owing to geopolitical concerns such as United States - China trade war, and several other factors has been restraining the growth in the demand for screw compressors.
Stationary screw compressors are estimated to have maximum share of the screw compressors market, in 2018, due to its diverse range of applications in industries such as oil and gas, manufacturing, etc.
The technological advancements and upgradations in the screw compressors market, which increases the efficiency is expected to act as an opportunity for screw compressors market.
Asia-Pacific is estimated to have the maximum share of the screw compressors market, in 2018, and is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period, primarily due to the increasing demand from the major end-user industries in developing countries such as China and India, over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Growing Natural Gas Demand
- After another record year, 2018, the demand for natural gas is expected to keep growing over the forecast period, driven by strong consumption in developing economies of Asia-Pacific and supported by the continued development of the international gas trade.
- The consumption of natural gas has grown by 5.31%, globally, in 2018, compared to previous year. One of the major reasons behind the growth is natural gas helps to reduce air pollution and limit the rise in energy-related CO2 emissions by displacing coal and oil in power generation, heating and industrial uses.
- Further, coal and nuclear energy are increasingly substituted by natural gas amid widespread efforts to decarbonize growing economies and to diversify energy supply in numerous regions, across the world. The extraction of new sources of natural gas, such as shale gas deposits, and the resulting price pressure are increasing international trade in natural gas; hence, transport and storage volumes are likewise rising.
- The screw compressors are mainly used in the gas industry for gas gathering station applications, gas transfer, flare elimination, and vapor recovery. As screw compressors have simple designs, can withstand extreme weather conditions and, in turn, have lower need for maintenance, their demand in the gas industry is growing particularly for gas transfer and gathering in remote locations.
- All the above-mentioned factors have been driving the demand for screw compressors over the study period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the screw compressors market and to grow at fastest rate over the forecast period.
- During 2018, the steel production in Asia-Pacific region increased drastically reaching highest in the decade. China is the biggest producer and consumer of the steel, globally.
- China has been planning to increase the quantity of nitrogen for use in oil recovery activities, which is expected to increase the demand for industrial gases. Similarly, the growth of the solar industry has supplemented the demand for argon in the country and the growth in other industrial activities has supplemented the demand for high-purity industrial gases, such as nitrogen, argon, and oxygen, which, in turn, is expected to increase demand for air separation units with compressor units, suited for handling dry and combustible gases, and are leak-proof, such as screw compressor.
- India has emerged as one of the most attractive investment destinations globally, owing to government's initiatives such as Make in India', to fuel the manufacturing activities in the country.
- Therefore, with growing end-user industries in the region the demand for screw compressors used in these industries is expected to increase over the forecast period in the region.
Key Topics Covered:
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast, in USD billion, till 2025
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.4 End-User Industry
5.5.1 North America
5.5.4 South America
5.5.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Aerzener Maschinenfabrik GmbH
6.3.2 Atlas Copco AB
6.3.3 BAUER COMP Holding GmbH
6.3.4 Daikin Industries, Ltd.
6.3.5 Emerson Electric Co.
6.3.6 Gardner Denver Holdings Inc
6.3.7 Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems
6.3.8 Ingersoll-Rand PLC
6.3.9 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
6.3.10 Wuzi Compressor Co Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5knga3