DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Alzheimer's Disease: Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report estimates that drug sales for Alzheimers Disease (AD) in 2018 were approximately $2.2B across the eight major markets covered in this report. Over the 10-year forecast period, the market is expected to grow to $12.9B at a CAGR of 19.3%. This growth will be driven by the increasing prevalence of AD and MCI worldwide, and the introduction of DMTs including Biogen's aducanumab, Eisai's BAN-2401, and Roche's gantenerumab. This growth will be driven by the launch of eleven late-stage pipeline products.
The current competitive landscape in AD consists only of symptomatic treatments, of which there are currently six approved medications: three ChEIs (donepezil, rivastigmine, and galantamine), one NMDA-R antagonist (memantine), one combination therapy (memantine/donepezil), and one A A4 protein inhibitor (sodium oligomannate). Improvements to the approved therapies, such as easier routes of administration and reduced dosing frequencies, along with the developments that are expected to occur within the next decade, could have a significant effect on the way the disease is managed. Earlier disease detection may render the currently available therapies more useful, but until disease-modifying agents are introduced, the landscape will not change significantly.
- Significant growth is expected in the AD market from 2018 to 2028
- the publisher's anticipate that eighteen late stage pipeline drugs will launch over the forecast period. These are expected to be the main driver of growth in the MS market across the 8MM.
- the publisher projects that Biogen's aducanumab will be one of the highest-selling DMT for AD, generating $4.2B in the 8MM in 2028.
- There are no curative therapies for AD, and most existing DMTs only have limited efficacy on treating symptoms.
- Opportunities are expected for pharmaceutical companies to develop drugs which have novel MOAs; which have potential disease modifying properties.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key AD treatments in 2018?
- When will the late stage pipeline products launch, and how will it affect drug sales and the overall AD market in the 8MM?
- Which unmet needs will remain unaddressed in the forecast period and what opportunities remain for pharmaceutical companies?
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Alzheimer's Disease therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Alzheimer's Disease therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Alzheimer's Market Forecast to See Double-Digit Sales Growth out to 2028
2.2 Allergan, Biogen, Eisai, and Roche Are Forecast to Lead the AD Market in 2028
2.3 Lack of Treatments and Biomarkers Remain As Key Unmet Needs in the AD Market
2.4 Opportunities Remain for Disease-Modifying and Symptomatic Drugs Entering the AD Market
2.5 Eighteen Promising Drugs in Phase II/III or Phase III of Development
2.6 What Do Physicians Think?
3.2 Related Reports
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
4.2 Disease Staging Systems
4.5 Quality of Life
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for AD (2018-2028)
6 Disease Management
7 Current Treatment Options
7.2 Other Therapeutic Classes
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.2 Late-Stage Pipeline Products
9.3 Other Drugs in Development
10 Current and Future Players
11 Market Outlook
- AC Immune
- Eli Lilly
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharma
- vTv Therapeutics
- BioArctic Neuroscience
- AZ Therapies
- Biohaven Pharmaceuticals
- AB Science
- Green Valley Pharmaceuticals
- Axsome Therapeutics
- GE Healthcare
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals
- Changchun Huayang High-Tech
- TauRx Pharmaceuticals
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wrpzvr