DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Copper Mining to 2023 - Impact of Coronavirus" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report analyses impact of coronavirus on the global copper mining industry, with details of reserves, production, consumption trends and forecasts, the competitive landscape and listing of the major active, exploration and development projects. The report also explains the impact of COVID-19 on global copper demand and trade.
In 2019, the global copper demand and supply gap, which has been in deficit since 2015, widened to 446kt, with an estimated 20.6Mt of copper mine production; down by 1% on 2018. However, demand growth for copper is expected to slow in 2020, mainly due to an anticipated slump in demand from China in the first half of the year, as a result of the coronavirus outbreak. Production growth will also be impacted with a forecast increase of 1.9%, which will help to narrow the demand and supply gap to 332kt in 2020, before it further declines to 177kt by 2022, supported by the ramping up of new mines and expansions of existing ones.
Lower ore grades, production disruption and the prolonged US-China trade war collectively undermined the copper market sentiment in 2019. Since the beginning of 2018, global copper prices have been under pressure, owing to the prolonged trade war between the world's two largest consumers of copper, the US and China. More recently, the outbreak of COVID-19 in China, which has since spread across the world, led to copper prices initially falling by around 12% between the middle of January and early February 2020. Production over the forecast period (2020-2023) is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4%, to reach 24.6Mt in 2023, with Chile, Peru, DRC, the US and Indonesia, the five largest suppliers, expected to collectively increase output from 11.2Mt in 2020 to 13.1Mt in 2023.
- Grupo Mexico
- KGHM Polska Miedz
- Anglo American
- First Quantum
- Rio Tinto
- The report analyses impact of coronavirus on the global copper mining industry, with details of reserves, production, consumption trends and forecasts, the competitive landscape and listing of the major active, exploration and development projects.
- The report also explains the impact of COVID-19 on global copper demand and trade.
Reasons to Buy
- Comprehensive evaluation of the impact of coronavirus on the global copper industry
- To understand historical and forecast trend on the global copper production, consumption and trade
- Track latest company developments
- To understand the impact of coronavirus on the global copper trade
- To gain an understanding on global copper prices
- Analyse forecasted production trends for copper
- To understand global copper supply and demand outlook
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Executive Summary
3 Global Copper Mining: Reserves, Production, and Prices
3.1 Global Copper Reserves by Country
3.2 Copper Mine Production
3.3 Copper prices
4 Copper Assets
4.1 Active Mines
4.2 Exploration Projects
4.3 Development Projects
5 Copper Demand And Trade
5.1 Global Copper Trade
5.2 Global Copper Refining Market
5.3 Global Copper Consumption
5.4 Global Copper Market Balance
6 Major Copper Producers
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/b130ni