SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ThirdLove, the third largest e-commerce intimates apparel brand in the U.S., today announced the launch of “The TL Effect,” a new program created to encourage and support early stage consumer focused companies run by women entrepreneurs of color.
The TL Effect is dedicated to creating a future where founders of the country’s many businesses reflect its demographic. By contributing to the success of more female leaders of color, they will be able to hire and mentor others while impacting the world over time. Through this program, ThirdLove will give back to a woman of color led company, leveraging its unique skills and resources to help the next wave of women leaders build and scale successful businesses.
“As a brand that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion, we have spent the past few weeks brainstorming ways the team could make a difference and help influence this moment of change taking place in our society,” said Heidi Zak, CEO and Co-Founder. “Combined with enhanced focus on our internal diversity and inclusion initiatives, the TL Effect will create a meaningful way to concretely contribute to the community, that will also allow us to listen and learn from these founders' experiences and points of view, in hopes that it will ultimately spark change at ThirdLove and beyond.”
To launch this new initiative, ThirdLove has developed a multi-pronged strategy and is dedicated to:
- Stimulating growth with a monetary grant provided to each company.
- Increasing capabilities by dedicating a portion of ThirdLove’s office space to the entrepreneurs to use for meetings, workspace, and photoshoots.
- Raising brand awareness by amplifying the product/service on ThirdLove’s social and blog platforms.
- Expanding creative resources by sharing any content ThirdLove creates, so the entrepreneurs can leverage on their own channels.
- Raising capital with the assistance of ThirdLove’s co-founders who will help them navigate fundraising (if they decide to go that route) so that they will have a more equitable opportunity at scaling the next billion-dollar idea.
- Creating a mentoring program where the entire ThirdLove team can donate their time and knowledge to help in various aspects of the business (product development, production, supply chain, marketing, creative, finance, etc.).
The application for The TL Effect will be released on the Company’s website on June 30, 2020. Female founders of color are encouraged to submit their business for consideration. Visit https://blog.thirdlove.com/the-tl-effect// to learn more.
ThirdLove is the 3rd largest online bra and underwear company in America. The direct to consumer brand is on a mission to get every woman into a great fitting, comfortable and beautiful bra that helps her feel confident. The inventor of half-cup sizes has led the charge on inclusivity, now carrying more than 80 sizes. Its patented Fit Finder® quiz asks women a series of questions about her current bra and even her unique breast shape to recommend her best size. ThirdLove gives back to women through its charity partners and has donated over $30 million in products since inception. To learn more, visit www.thirdlove.com.