DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "India LLDPE Market: Plant Capacity, Production, Operating Efficiency, Technology, Process, Demand & Supply, Grade, End Use, Application, Distribution Channel, Region, Competition, Trade, Customer & Price Intelligence Market Analysis, 2015-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The demand for Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) in India grew at a CAGR of around 9.5% during 2015-2019 and is expected to achieve a healthy growth rate during the forecast period. Among all the categories of polyethylene, LLDPE is projected to achieve the sharpest growth in the forecast period.
Due to its remarkable properties, consumption of LLDPE is growing in various end-use industries such as packaging, agriculture, construction and automotive. LLDPE films are known for their reduced thickness and flexibility and hence find popular consumption in carrier bags, pouches, and agricultural covering films and others. Among all the end-users, the packaging sector accounts for the largest market share with about 65% share in the Indian LLDPE demand. Apart from that, the demand from other applications like extrusion of pipes, profiles, and cables is expected to show a gradual improvement with increasing investment of the Indian government in the country's agricultural sector.
Rotational molding is one of the fastest growing plastics processing methods today, because products of versatile shapes and sizes can be generated. This has enabled rotational molders to enter markets where vinyl processes could not stand. The demand for versatile class of LLDPE roto molding grades serving extensive applications in automotive components, insulated containers, tanks etc. is expected to drive the overall LLDPE market in the forecast period.
However, sudden outbreak of novel coronavirus weighed over the demand for polymer products in Q4FY20, causing players to deal with huge inventory pileups and slump in total annual sales. The decline remained closely impacted due to India's economic and infrastructural slowdown caused due to nationwide lockdown. As a result of the halt in industrial activities further pressured by the muted demand, several state controlled LLDPE refiners such as OPAL and RIL curtailed their operating rates at their high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) production lines. However, with ease in lockdown restrictions by the month of May, the companies scaled up their production activities to recover potential losses.
The outlook for LLDPE is likely to remain positive in the current fiscal and in the forecasted period with India strongly heading towards recovery and players scaling up their operating rates after a prolonged disruption in activities.
- Historical Years: 2015-2019
- Base Year: 2020
- Estimated Year: 2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2030
Objective of the Study
- The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast LLDPE capacity, production, demand, inventory, and demand - supply gap in India.
- To categorize LLDPE demand based on application, end-use, type, grade, region and sales channel.
- To study trade dynamics and company share in the Indian LLDPE market.
- To identify major customers of LLDPE in India.
- To evaluate and forecast LLDPE pricing by grade in the Indian LLDPE market.
- To identify and profile major companies operating in the Indian LLDPE market.
- To identify major news, deals and expansion plans in the Indian LLDPE market.
Some of the major players operating in the Indian LLDPE market are Reliance Industries Limited, GAIL India Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Haldia Petrochemicals Limited, ONGC Petro additions Limited, Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited, etc. The Dow Chemical Company, ExxonMobil, SABIC, SINOPEC group etc. are some of leading international players operating in the Indian LLDPE market.
Large scale capacity additions and lucrative investment opportunities in India will surely drive the LLDPE market growth in the years to come. In FY19, India's HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL) received clearance from the ministry of environment for adding a polymer unit at its Guru Gobind Singh refinery and Petrochemical complex. The proposed unit would house two LLDPE/HDPE swing plants of capacity 400 KTPA each, a 500 KTPA PP plant, a 450 KTPA HDPE unit and a 55 KTPA butane-1 line. The project is expected to complete by April 2021.
Import of LLDPE declined by almost 10 per cent in FY 2020. LLDPE film CFR prices in India lowered down by $10 to around $790-830/tonne in Q4FY20 due to COVID-19 related uncertainties. However, with the downstream sectors restarting their production activities, prices are likely to show an uptrend by the Q2FY21.
Key Topics Covered
1. Manufacturing Process & Technology Licensing Evaluation
2. India LLDPE Demand-Supply Gap Outlook, By Volume
2.1. Capacity, By Company
2.2. Capacity, By Location
2.3. Capacity, By Technology
2.4. Capacity, By Process
2.5. Production, By Company
2.6. Operating Efficiency, By Company
2.7. Country-Wise Import
2.8. Country-Wise Export
2.9. Demand-Supply Gap
3. India LLDPE Demand Outlook
3.1. By Type
3.2. By Application
3.3. By End Use
3.4. By Distribution Channel
3.5. By Region / State
3.6. By Company
4. Customer Analysis
4.1. Procurement Volume
4.2. Procurement Prices
4.3. Existing Supplier
4.4. Contact Details
5. Cost Structure
5.1. Raw Material Cost
5.2. Selling & Distribution Cost
5.3. Fixed Cost
5.4. Other Cost
6. Market Trends & Developments (Focus on emerging application and manufacturing technologies
7. Grade-Wise & Company-Wise Pricing Analysis (Monthly)
7.1. Historical Prices (Domestic, CFR)
8. Competitive Landscape (Top 10 Companies in terms of revenue share)
8.1. Company Profiles
8.1.1. Key Financial Matrices
8.1.2. Margin Analysis
8.1.3. SWOT Analysis
8.1.4. Key Market Focus and Geographical Presence
8.1.5. Planned Investments
8.1.7. Technology Licensing
8.1.8. Expansion Plan
9. Project Viability Analysis
10. Strategic Recommendations
- Reliance Industries Limited
- GAIL India Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Haldia Petrochemicals Limited
- ONGC Petro additions Limited
- Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited
- The Dow Chemical Company
- China Petrochemical Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2j7rb7