DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Water Treatment Additives Market - Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global water treatment additives market generated a revenue of $29,483m in the year 2017 and expected to grow with a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period.
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
The demand for water treatment additives is increasing rapidly due to increase in population, water scarcity and industrialization. In 2017, water industry which includes only drinking water treatment is valued at $6902.6m and will grow at a CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period. However, the usage of these additives and their impact on the environment is regulated by several authorities such as Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Centre for Disease Control and Protection (CDC).
Water treatment additives are widely used in various industries such as water, chemicals, food, paper, power, oil and gas. These additives improve the quality of water and makes it available for a specific use. For instance, the use of disinfectants kills all the microorganisms in water and hence prevents the wide spread of water borne diseases. The treated water can be used for drinking, industrial purpose, irrigation, water recreation and so on. The different types of additives used are scale inhibitors, corrosion inhibitors, organic polymers, disinfectants, coagulants, pH conditioners and many others which help in neutralization and treatment of waste water.
The wastewater obtained from hospitals include cytostatic drugs which are used in cancer treatment, not only pollute the environment but can also harm human health as these drugs don't break down easily. A group of researchers from Belgium and India have developed a novel method of treating wastewater, in which they have developed a slurry photo catalytic membrane reactor which carries out filtration in a similar process as used for drinking water with a help of LED light source and the drugs are further broken down with the help of titanium dioxide which is nontoxic and efficient.
In rural areas, it can be very expensive to build a new water treatment plant or connect with one in the next closest town and also to have an expertise to operate it. Hence, a movable water treatment system was developed at UCLA which fits in a shipping container and can be operated with a smartphone. It can treat agricultural runoff, brackish groundwater and nearly any other water source into potable water. This system is operating successfully in Panoche water district of California since 2017 .
In 2017, Center for Nanotechnology Enabled Water Treatment (NEWT) which is located at Rice University developed a technology which involves the use of energy from sunlight to transform salt water into fresh drinking water. This desalination system uses a combination of nanophotonics and membrane distillation technique .
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market - key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
- Lack of fresh water resources with increasing population leads to higher demand of water treatment sector
- Growing demand for water treatment additives in developing countries
- Lack of awareness of the purified water usage by end user
Improper distribution facilities of treated water
- GE Water & Process Technologies
- 3M Purification
- Calgon Carbon
- GDF SUEZ
- Aqua Tech International
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/g7xx39