Amid the COVID-19 crisis and the looming economic recession, the Methanol market worldwide will grow by a projected 32.6 Million Tons, during the analysis period, driven by a revised compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4%. Formaldehyde, one of the segments analyzed and sized in this study, is forecast to grow at over 2.2% and reach a market size of 30.3 Million Tons by the end of the analysis period.
The global analysis and forecast periods covered within the report are 2020-2027 (Current & Future Analysis) and 2012-2019 (Historic Review). Research estimates are provided for 2020, while research projections cover the period 2021-2027.
An unusual period in history, the coronavirus pandemic has unleashed a series of unprecedented events affecting every industry. The Formaldehyde market will be reset to a new normal which going forwards in a post COVID-19 era will be continuously redefined and redesigned. Staying on top of trends and accurate analysis is paramount now more than ever to manage uncertainty, change and continuously adapt to new and evolving market conditions.
As part of the new emerging geographic scenario, the United States is forecast to readjust to a 2.6% CAGR. Within Europe, Germany will add over 775.4 Thousand Tons to the region's size over the next 7 to 8 years. In addition, over 876.3 Thousand Tons worth of projected demand in the region will come from Rest of European markets. In Japan, the Formaldehyde segment will reach a market size of 1.2 Million Tons by the close of the analysis period. Blamed for the pandemic, significant political and economic challenges confront China. Amid the growing push for decoupling and economic distancing, the changing relationship between China and the rest of the world will influence competition and opportunities in the Methanol market.
Against this backdrop and the changing geopolitical, business and consumer sentiments, the world's second largest economy will grow at 7.1% over the next couple of years and add approximately 9.6 Million Tons in terms of addressable market opportunity. Continuous monitoring for emerging signs of a possible new world order post-COVID-19 crisis is a must for aspiring businesses and their astute leaders seeking to find success in the now changing Methanol market landscape. All research viewpoints presented are based on validated engagements from influencers in the market, whose opinions supersede all other research methodologies.
Competitors identified in this market include, among others,
- Atlantic Methanol Production Company LLC
- LyondellBasell Industries NV
- Methanex Chile Limited
- Methanex Corporation
- Methanex New Zealand Ltd.
- Methanol Holdings (Trinidad) Limited
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc.
- Mitsui & Co. Ltd.
- OCI N.V.
- Qatar Fuel Additives Company Ltd.
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
- Saudi International Petrochemical Company
Key Topics Covered:
I. INTRODUCTION, METHODOLOGY & REPORT SCOPE
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- A Primer
- Global Market Overview
- Improving Economy Buoys Optimism for Methanol Market
- Production Scenario
- Recent Market Activity
- Developing Regions Charge Ahead in Methanol Production
- Pricing Scenario
- Major End-Use Markets: An Overview
- Formaldehyde Production: The Largest Methanol End-Use Category
- MTO/MTP: The Fastest Growing End-use Segment for Methanol
- Gasoline Blending/Combustion Biofuels - A Significant Growth Driver
- MTBE/TAME: Environmental Regulations Affect Demand
- Acetic Acid: A Key Derivative of Methanol
- Methanol Carbonylation - The Predominant Acetic Acid Manufacturing Process
- Marine Fuel: A New and Emerging Application of Methanol
- Competitive Scenario
- Global Competitor Market Shares
Methanol Competitor Market Share Scenario Worldwide (in %): 2018 & 2029
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Chemical Intermediates Lose Share to Energy Applications
- Diverse Feedstock Makes Methanol a Desired Source of Fuel
- Methanol Generates a New Wave of Interest as Alternative Fuel
- Government Measures to Drive Adoption of Methanol Blended Gasoline
- DME - A Rising Star in Global Energy Arena
- Methanol and Ethanol: Significant Substitutes for Fuel in the Shipping Industry
- Methanol Production from CO2 Recycling
- Directives Aid Renewable Methanol Market
- High Production Costs Hamper Bio-methanol Growth
- China Spearheads Global MTO Market
- Fuel Cells - An Untapped Goldmine
Shale Gas Discoveries Disrupt Worldwide Petrochemical Market
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
Total Companies Profiled: 82
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/b9izg8