AUGUSTA, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To maintain a clear understanding of how travelers are feeling as destinations begin to ease travel restrictions due to COVID-19, leading adventure travel brand, Aggressor Adventures® asked consumers to weigh in on their anticipated travel plans in the coming months.
Key findings from the survey include:
- Two out of three people indicate they intend to travel.
- Travel to island destinations leads the way with almost one out of two or 49%.
- Remote adventure travel surpasses travel to tourist city destinations and ocean cruises.
Aggressor utilized consumer engagement platform, 1Q, to capture traveler sentiment across the United States, targeting travelers ages 30 and above, with a household income of $60,000 plus. Respondents received the questions via text message or directly through the 1Q mobile app.
In addition to the information gathered from the 1Q survey, Aggressor also gathered data from how its customer base is rebooking COVID-19 affected travel. This consumer data reinforced the 1Q findings:
- One out of two customers have already rebooked existing trips with Aggressor where travel is opening up, including island liveaboard destinations, safari lodges and river cruise adventures.
- Remarkably, 98 percent rebooked to their existing destination.
- Baby boomers remain intent and confident on travel, while post boomers are more inclined to delay travel.
- The Caribbean is looking like the first point of entry.
“The consumer data is positive regarding future travel and bookings, but our customer response is a reflection of the Aggressor experience they have come to love or hear about through our enthusiasts,” explains Wayne Brown, CEO of Aggressor Adventures. “For many, our experiences and destinations have a prominent place on their bucket lists.”
About Aggressor Adventures
Since 1984, Aggressor Adventures® has offered travelers liveaboard scuba and snorkeling charters, luxury river cruises and exotic wildlife safaris. Worldwide locations the company explores include Bahamas, Belize, Cayman Islands, Cocos Island, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Galapagos, Hawaii, Indonesia, Maldives, Mexico, Oman, Palau, Red Sea, Roatan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Turks and Caicos. For more information, visit www.aggressor.com or call (800) 348-2628 or (706) 993-2531.