LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Infiniti Research is the world's leading independent provider of strategic market intelligence solutions. Our market intelligence services are designed to connect your organization’s goals with global opportunities. Today's competitive business environment demands in-depth, accurate, and reliable business information to ensure that companies gain a strong foothold in domestic or foreign markets. Our global industry specialist teams ensure the international consistency of our research, enabling powerful access to the real story behind market changes. Request a free brochure for more insights into our solutions portfolio.
With e-commerce trends such as ‘same day’ and ‘next day’ delivery becoming a new normal, businesses in the sector are increasingly expected to adjust their supply chain operations and keep up with the changing market trends. Our client, a medium-sized US e-commerce industry client, faced several predicaments in building an agile supply chain strategy to meet existing business requirements. As a result, the client was also losing ground to competitors in the market that were actively implementing new operating models supporting same-day delivery.
Other key objectives of the engagement were:
- Objective 1: Assess the supply chain complexities
- Objective 2: Implement vendor compliance programs
- Objective 3: Make the inbound supply chain more efficient
During the COVID-19 crisis, companies in the e-commerce industry must take calculative and well-executed measures to ensure business continuity in the long run. Request a free proposal to know how industry experts at Infiniti Research can help you plan and create comprehensive action plans to navigate the crisis. Request a FREE proposal here.
The experts at Infiniti Research worked closely with the client’s supply chain team to understand their supply chain complexities and develop a supply chain engagement model. Also, the experts analyzed a list of key components, including plant location and size, warehouse designs, delivery models, and warehouse efficiency models. Besides, the experts focused on maximizing space efficiency to help the client keep their inventory organized.
Business impact of the inventory management solution:
By partnering with Infiniti Research, the client was able to transform the supply chain model, achieve considerable cost savings, and strengthen customer loyalty.
By leveraging Infiniti’s inventory management solution, the client was also able to:
- Make inbound supply chain more efficient, set up multi-distribution center operation, increase the number of picked orders per day, and reduce outbound shipping costs
- Understand basic product category demand and stock up products with the highest demand
- Optimize the warehouse setup, develop an inventory management framework to coordinate supplies at multiple locations, and speed up shipping processes
- Streamline the supply chain structure, set up warehouse space and distribution centers in areas with highest product demand, and reduce order-to-ship timing
- Identify strategies to reduce order-to-ship timing from 4 to 48 hours
- Achieved annual transportation cost savings of around 25% and realized savings of over $2.3 million.
For similar engagements and more insights on how we can help e-commerce companies streamline processes to achieve their unique business goals, request more info here.
About Infiniti Research
Established in 2003, Infiniti Research, is a leading market intelligence company providing smart solutions to address your business challenges. Infiniti Research studies markets in more than 100 countries to help analyze competitive activity, see beyond market disruptions, and develop intelligent business strategies. To know more, visit: https://www.infinitiresearch.com/about-us