BELMONT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG), a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions, today announced that higher educational institutions including Berkeley College, Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), and Texas Christian University (TCU) have selected RingCentral to enable a smooth transition to remote communications and collaboration.
“Millions of people around the world are learning how to go about their daily lives via new generation cloud communication platforms and we believe the experience should always be seamless,” said Anand Eswaran, president and chief operating officer, RingCentral. “At RingCentral, we are steadfast in our focus on the future of work and remote learning, and we are pleased that we could enable these institutions to modernize their communications infrastructure so they are still connected, even when physically separated.”
RingCentral delivers integrated, secure, and reliable cloud communication solutions to colleges and universities including:
- Amid uncertain times, Berkeley College was faced with bringing its on-site students and faculty to an all-virtual environment across six locations in New York and New Jersey. With RingCentral’s solution, Berkeley College has the capability to integrate communications with other applications that they use on a daily basis, including Salesforce. The College also has utilized a real-time dashboard to measure usage and quality of communications to ensure that students and staff get the most out of their platform.
“At Berkeley College, our focus is on inspiring students to learn and develop successful career paths,” said Leonard De Botton, senior vice president & chief information officer, Berkeley College. “RingCentral’s cloud communications solution provided the college with the communication tools we needed to remain productive from any location, or on the go all from a single application. Their solution has been especially helpful as we’ve transitioned to a remote work environment given the current climate.”
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU)
- SNHU, one of the fastest-growing universities in the U.S., replaced its legacy on-premises communications system with RingCentral Office®, a unified solution for messaging, video, and phone capabilities that is providing the school’s staff and faculty with an intuitive and simple end-user experience to seamlessly connect.
- With RingCentral’s cloud platform, SNHU’s lean IT team can easily manage a network of nearly 3,000 users from a central location. The solution’s infrastructure ensures 24/7 business continuity for the University, giving faculty and staff the freedom to focus on what matters most—continuing to provide a world-class education.
“It’s crucial for us at SNHU to have a state-of-the-art cloud communications platform in order to remain connected from anywhere,” said John Limongelli, chief technology officer at Southern New Hampshire University. “RingCentral allows our faculty and staff to use one unified solution for messaging, video meetings and phone system capabilities so we can remain productive from any location, which has been crucial given the current need to work from home. With RingCentral, we’ve been empowered to continue catering to our students, faculty and staff, regardless of where we are physically.”
Texas Christian University (TCU)
- TCU, an award-winning college in Fort Worth, Texas, recently faced the unique challenge of becoming an all-virtual university almost overnight. With RingCentral’s cloud communications solution in place, faculty and staff were able to make, receive and reroute calls from their business numbers from anywhere, on any device. This allowed TCU to quickly transition its nearly-1,000 faculty and staff to a work from home environment almost seamlessly.
- The University was also faced with transitioning its IT help desk to a completely remote setup almost immediately. With RingCentral, support agents were able to sign into the system remotely and continue to serve employees from any location. RingCentral’s solution allowed the University to keep the help desk open and accessible for staff while they adjusted to their new work from home environments.
“When COVID-19 hit, we were faced with the need to enable a remote work and learning environment almost immediately. Being able to use the RingCentral solution on any device from anywhere has made for a very smooth adjustment period,” said Bryan Lucas, chief technology officer at TCU. “RingCentral helped make the day-to-day experience easier for our students, faculty and staff during this difficult time.”
Having pivoted successfully to remote operations, Berkeley College, SNHU, and TCU are now demonstrating their ability to provide a quality educational experience digitally.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of cloud Message Video Phone (MVP), customer engagement and contact center solutions for businesses worldwide. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading third-party business applications and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
©2020 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. RingCentral, RingCentral Office and the RingCentral logo are trademarks of RingCentral, Inc.