DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Smart Buildings Market by Technology (AI, IoT, Indoor Wireless), Infrastructure, Solutions (AssetTracking, Data Analytics, IWMS), and Regions 2020 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Collectively speaking, residential dwellings, offices, educational campuses, indoor recreation, and public service facilities are where people in the developed world spend up to 90% of their time. As urbanization leads to increasingly smarter cities, buildings are an integral part of a city's ecosystem and are increasingly shaping both the standard of living and quality of life of inhabitants. Intelligent buildings lead to improved economics for both owners and users as well as improved satisfaction, safety, and wellbeing of occupants.
The smart buildings market consists of warehouses, factories, office buildings, and other enterprises, industrial, and government structures. Intelligent structures leverage a variety of interdependent technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), broadband wireless, cloud computing, and Internet of Things (IoT) networks and systems to improve operational efficiency and enable a safer and more productive environment.
The smart buildings market is related to the smart workplace market, which includes some important enterprise and industrial automation systems and solutions such as integrated workplace management systems (IWMS), decision support systems utilizing advanced data analytics, and business asset management.
Leading companies within the commercial real estate sector are realizing tangible benefits by leveraging smart buildings market solutions as owners are able to charge higher fees for technology-enabled intelligent buildings. Accordingly, over 75% of new construction will involve at least one facet of IoT and/or related smart buildings market-related technologies over the course of the next five years. However, it is important to note that roughly 85% of legacy buildings in developed economies have issues that will require substantial retrofitting. The author sees this statistic improving over time, but remains a major head-wind in terms of capital investment for the smart buildings market.
This report evaluates the smart buildings market including technologies, players, and solutions. The report analyzes smart buildings challenges and opportunities, assesses market potential, and provides accompanying smart buildings market sizing, globally as well as regionally, and by market segment for 2020 - 2025. The report includes an analysis of technologies supporting smart building automation, IWMS, and smart workplace applications and services. Smart building technology integration areas addressed within the report include 5G, AI, data analytics, and edge computing.
- Smart buildings market sizing from 2020 to 2025
- Market sizing for edge computing in the smart buildings market
- Identify smart buildings market challenges and opportunities
- Understand the smart buildings marketplace including players and solutions
- Identify how key technologies such as AI and IoT support intelligent structures
- Identify how integrated workplace management systems support smart buildings
Select Report Findings:
- Smart building automation software and systems will reach $20.5B in North America by 2027
- AI-enabled IoT (AIoT) systems will drive IWMS efficiencies and automation to an entirely new level by 2026
- Smart facility water management systems will represent an $850M market opportunity in Europe by 2027
- The post-COVID19 world will challenge building operations management in terms of public health compliance
- Life cycle cost management for facilities is becoming a key factor in building selection for corporate giants such as Amazon
- Leading solution providers such as IBM are changing the smart building landscape through a multi-dimensional approach to investment ROI
- The key to success in the smart building market is to intelligently integrate data, systems, processes, and assets for enterprise and industrial operations
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is a Smart Building?
2.2 Drivers for More Intelligent Buildings
2.3 Smart Building Capabilities
2.4 DAS, Small Cell, and In-Building Wireless Solution
2.5 Real-Time IoT Analytics
2.6 Smart Building Cost Analysis
2.7 Smart Building Benefits for Enterprise and Residential Building
2.8 5G will Accelerate Smart Building Adoption
3 Smart Building Challenges and Opportunities
3.1 Smart Building Challenges
3.2 Smart Building Opportunities
4 Smart Building Organizations and Initiatives
4.1 Building Efficiency Initiative
4.2 Building Smart Alliance
4.3 Commercial Real Estate Development Association
4.4 CRE Finance Council
5 Company Analysis
6 Smart Building Market Analysis and Forecasts 2020 - 2025
7 Conclusions and Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hyjdsy
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.