DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Hand Towels Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID-19 Implications and Growth" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global hand towel market is expected to grow from $3.4 billion in 2019 to about $5.1 billion in 2020 as there is an increased awareness about hygiene and use of disposables towels due to the COVID-19 pandemic across the globe. People are preferring disposable paper towels over the reusable cloth ones to curb the spread of infection. The market is expected to stabilize and reach $4.4 billion at a CAGR of 7.2% through 2023. North America was the largest region in the hand towels market in 2019.
The increasing awareness about hygiene in countries across the world is a key factor driving the growth of the hand towels market. Hygiene and sanitation are essential for preventing and controlling the spread of many dangerous human diseases including cholera, diarrhoea, Ebola and now Coronavirus. Regular hand-washing with soap is one of the most effective ways of avoiding or reducing COVID-19 spread without vaccine or cure. A recent poll has indicated that French citizens might be at high risk for viral infections in the form of coronavirus (Covid-19) due to a lack of good hygiene practices. Therefore, the increasing awareness about hygiene in the developing countries is expected to drive the growth of the hand towels market.
The manufacture of forest-friendly paper towels are gaining traction. Forest-friendly paper towels are those that are manufatured without the cutting down of forests. These papers are made from a mixture of bamboo and sugarcane. For instance, Who Gives A Crap, specializing in environmentally friendly, zero waste, safe and plastic-free household products manufactures environmentally friendly paper kitchen towels that are made of tree-free products and give value to money. They are super durable 2-ply towels that can clean-up very well.
The commercial places such as hotels, restaurants and workplaces are replacing hand towels with hand dryers, restraining the growth of hand towels market. The growing environmental concern to save trees led to adoption of hanf dryers replacing hand towels as they require enourmous amount of pulp from the trees to manufacture hand towels. according to the study by The Slate and Climate conservancy, using hand dryers is a greener choice and emit less greenhouse gases that emits 9 to 40 grams of carbon dioxide when compared with hand towels, which emits 56 grams of carbon dioxide.
In September 2019, Cascades, a leading Canadian company that manufactures packaging and tissue products acquired the assets of Orchids Paper Products for $207 million in cash. This acquisition will benefit Cascades in it's strategic long term growth plan in tissue platform. It will enhance the ability to serve customers, increase the quality of the products, and improve the profitability of the company. Orchids Paper Products is a consumer products company based out of the USA that produces and markets paper towels, bathroom tissue, paper napkins, and other related products.
Major players in the hand towel market are Kimberly-Clark, Procter & Gamble, SCA, Hengan, Vinda, Asaleo Care, Sofidel, Georgia-Pacific, WEPA, and Metsa Tissue.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider hand towel market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the influence of the Covid 19 virus and forecasting its growth.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the growth trajectory of Covid 19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
- The hand towel market section of the report gives context. It compares the hand towel market with other segments of the hand towel market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, hand towel market indicators comparison.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Hand Towels Market Characteristics
3. Hand Towels Market Size and Growth
3.1. Global Hand Towels Historic Market, 2015-2019, $ Billion
3.1.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.1.2. Restraints On The Market
3.2. Global Hand Towels Forecast Market, 2019-2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
3.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.2.2. Restraints On the Market
4. Hand Towels Market Segmentation
4.1. Global Hand Towels Market, Segmentation By Product Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Rolled Paper Towels
- Boxed Paper Towels
- Multifold Paper Towel
4.2. Global Hand Towels Market, Segmentation By Application, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5. Hand Towels Market Regional and Country Analysis
5.1. Global Hand Towels Market, Split By Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5.2. Global Hand Towels Market, Split By Country, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Procter & Gamble
- Asaleo Care
- Metsa Tissue
- CMPC Tissue
- KP Tissue
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lwtg9e