DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Truck Transport Global Market Report 2020-30: Covid 19 Impact and Recovery" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global truck transport market is expected to decline from $1,609.2 billion in 2019 to $1,591.8 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.1%. The decline is mainly due to economic slowdown across countries owing to the COVID-19 outbreak and the measures to contain it. The market is then expected to recover and grow at a CAGR of 9% from 2021 and reach $1,984.9 billion in 2023.
Asia-Pacific was the largest region in the global truck transport market, accounting for 29% of the market in 2019. North America was the second largest region accounting for 27% of the global truck transport market. Africa was the smallest region in the global truck transport market.
Truck transportation companies are widely using robotics solutions to reduce delivery time and costs. It enables truck transportation companies move boxes and containers in and out of semitrailers and ocean freight containers, irrespective of its shape and size. Robotics mainly helps truck transportation companies reduce labor costs while speeding up shipment processing and delivery times. Therefore, courier delivery, logistics and material handling companies such as UPS, DHL, and FedEx are testing robotic loading and unloading of irregular parcels.
For instance, DHL started testing Baxter and Sawyer robots for co-packing and value-added tasks, such as packaging, assembly, kitting, and pre-retail services, in 2016. Earlier, material handling systems company Wynright Corporation had launched the Robotic Truck Unloader (RTU) in 2013. It is an autonomous robotic machine that can be used to unload floor-loaded products from truck trailers or ocean freight containers.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider truck transport market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the Covid 19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of Covid 19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The truck transport market section of the report gives context. It compares the truck transport market with other segments of the transport services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, truck transport indicators comparison.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Truck Transport Market Characteristics
3.1. Market Definition
3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Truck Transport Market Product Analysis
4.1. Leading Products/Services
4.2. Key Features and Differentiators
4.3. Development Products
5. Truck Transport Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Truck Transport Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Truck Transport Market Trends And Strategies
8. Truck Transport Market Size And Growth
8.1. Market Size
8.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.2.2. Restraints On The Market
8.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.3.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.3.2. Restraints On The Market
9. Truck Transport Market Regional Analysis
9.1. Global Truck Transport Market, 2019, By Region, Value ($ Billion)
9.2. Global Truck Transport Market, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Historic And Forecast, By Region
9.3. Global Truck Transport Market, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Region
10. Truck Transport Market Segmentation
10.1. Global Truck Transport Market, Segmentation By Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- General Freight Trucking
- Specialized Freight Trucking
10.2. Global Truck Transport Market, Segmentation By Application, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Oil & Gas
- Industrial & Manufacturing
- Energy & Mining
- Food & Beverages
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
10.3. Global Truck Transport Market, Segmentation By Size, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Heavy Trucks
- Medium Trucks
- Light Trucks
11. Truck Transport Market Segments
11.1. Global General Freight Trucking Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Local General Freight Trucking; Long-Distance General Freight Trucking
11.2. Global Specialized Freight Trucking Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Automobiles And Heavy Equipment; Bulk Liquids; Dry Bulk Materials; Forest Products; Refrigerated Goods
12. Truck Transport Market Metrics
12.1. Truck Transport Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, 2015-2023, Global
12.2. Per Capita Average Truck Transport Market Expenditure, 2015-2023, Global
- C.H. Robinson
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services
- YRC Freight
- Swift Transportation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/rjmsl9