DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Market Spotlight: Osteoarthritis and Osteoarthritis Pain" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This Market Spotlight report covers the Osteoarthritis and Osteoarthritis Pain drugs market, comprising key marketed and pipeline drugs, recent events and analyst opinion, clinical trials, upcoming and regulatory events, probability of success, patent information, a 10-year disease prevalence forecast, and licensing and acquisition deals, as well as presenting drug-specific revenue forecasts.
- The publisher estimates that in 2017, there were 308.9 million prevalent cases of osteoarthritis (knee or hip) in adults aged 30 years and older worldwide, and forecasts that number to increase to 358.4 million prevalent cases by 2026.
- The global prevalence of osteoarthritis is estimated to be 8.2%. The approved drugs in the osteoarthritis space focus on a wide variety of targets. The majority of these therapies are administered via the oral route, with the remainder being topical, intraarticular, and transdermal formulations.
- The majority of industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for osteoarthritis are in Phase II. Therapies in development for osteoarthritis focus on a wide variety of targets. The largest proportion of pipeline drugs are administered via the intraarticular route.
- High-impact upcoming events for drugs in the osteoarthritis space comprise topline Phase II, Phase IIb, and Phase III trial results, an expected PDUFA date for an sNDA, and an expected decentralized approval in the EU.
- The overall likelihood of approval of a Phase I osteoarthritis and osteoarthritis pain asset is 11.3%, and the average probability a drug advances from Phase III is 50%. Drugs, on average, take 11.3 years from Phase I to approval in the osteoarthritis and osteoarthritis market, as well as in the overall rheumatology (non autoimmune) space.
- There have been 45 licensing and asset acquisition deals involving osteoarthritis drugs during 2014-19. The $2,610m collaboration agreement signed in 2016 between Regeneron and Teva Pharmaceuticals to develop and commercialize fasinumab was the largest deal.
- The distribution of clinical trials across Phase I-IV indicates that the majority of trials for osteoarthritis have been in the early and mid-phases of development, with 57% of trials in Phase I-II, and 43% in Phase III-IV.
- The US has a substantial lead in the number of osteoarthritis clinical trials globally. The UK leads the major EU markets, while South Korea has the top spot in Asia.
- Clinical trial activity in the osteoarthritis treatment market is dominated by completed trials. Pfizer has the highest number of completed clinical trials for osteoarthritis, with 112 trials.
Pfizer leads industry sponsors with the highest overall number of clinical trials for osteoarthritis
Key Topics Covered:
2. Key Takeaways
3. Disease Background
- Non-pharmacological treatment
- Pharmacological treatment
6. Marketed Drugs
7. Pipeline Drugs
8. Recent Events and Analyst Opinion
- GLPG1972 for Osteoarthritis and Osteoarthritis Pain (July 14, 2019)
- Multiple Drugs for Osteoarthritis and Osteoarthritis Pain (June 25, 2019)
- Tanezumab for Osteoarthritis and Osteoarthritis Pain (April 18, 2019)
- Tanezumab for Osteoarthritis and Osteoarthritis Pain (January 29, 2019)
- Zilosul for Osteoarthritis and Osteoarthritis Pain (December 18, 2018)
- Lorecivivint for Osteoarthritis and Osteoarthritis Pain (October 23, 2018)
9. Key Upcoming Events
10. Key Regulatory Events
- Surprise! Pfizer And Lilly File Tanezumab For Pain With FDA Despite Safety Questions
- FDA Misses Zilretta Goal Date, Flexion Says
- Global Device Approvals Snapshot: 4-10 June 2019
- Invossa Approval Revoked As Korea Confirms False Data Submission
- Invossa Gene Therapy Controversy Grows As Government, Patients Take Action
- Korea Suspends First Approved Gene Therapy Pending Component Discrepancy Probe
- Global Device Approvals Snapshot For March 26-April 1, 2019
11. Probability of Success
12. Licensing and Asset Acquisition Deals
$5bn Galapagos Deal Won't Be Last For Gilead, Says O'Day
13. Parent Patents
14. Revenue Opportunity
15. Clinical Trial Landscape
- Sponsors by status
- Sponsors by phase
- Recent events
- Prescription information
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/iucnvd